Alice box problem

I received my alice box 4 days ago, and all went well until this morning when the dsl (adsl) light would not light up and I could not connect to the internet.

I have tried conntacting alice by telephone and e-mail without success, and unplugging and reconnecting the power supply and resetting the modem have not helped.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

I had the same problem when I got mine. At the time I had a computer enginere install it for me, so I can't say how he sorted it .

The problem I have now is that I can't work out how to collect my messages. I have to connect an old phone to a different phone socket and dial 3103 - as i did befor.

Following the instructions on the Alice leaflet I should dial *123 to get my messages. But I always have no messages, then i plug the other phone into a different socket and can collect the messages.

If anyone can see where i am going wrong I would appreciate some help also

Regards

Nina

[quote user="Rayring"]I received my alice box 4 days ago, and all went well until this morning when the dsl (adsl) light would not light up and I could not connect to the internet. I have tried conntacting alice by telephone and e-mail without success, and unplugging and reconnecting the power supply and resetting the modem have not helped. Any suggestions gratefully received.[/quote]This may not help but with the Alice box I have you have to leave it switched off for a minute before switching it on again.  Worked for me - a brief interuption doesn't.

Thank you for your replies, after much hassle eventually spoke to an Alice technician who informed me that our adsl connection has not yet been officially activated. Which begs the unanswered question as to how we could connect up to broadband for 4 days before being cut off.......

If half the world didn't have our tiscali email address, I would change

to something else. The Alice box has been hopeless. The latest in a

long line of annoyances is that the WIFI key turns itself off after a

few hours (or minutes) work and the box has to be turned off and on to

restart it. The helpline are beyond useless - if they can't solve a

problem using their crib sheet they just put the phone down!

Oh and we cannot use the phone through ADSL because not enough power

can be sent through the bow to make the ringer work...welcome to the

21st century! Is anyone convinced any longer that, aside from estimed

forums such as this and the might WWW, the IT revolution has really

made our lives easier and richer?