It's a long story, but I have two Sky boxes supplied by Sky, one is a monthly contract which I up and take across the water and the other is a short term card, I think it lasts for three years. The latter Is basically a standby and I havn't used it for about two years. I tested it the other day and..... nothing. On checking the setup screen I found that the Lock Indicator indicated that it was not locked, the Network ID was at zero as was the Transport Stream.

Any advice how to change this so it works?.......................Hi Martin!!

Sorry to trouble anybody that read my original query. I have now found, by doing what I should have done in the first place, that by going into the "Installers Setup" that the Transponder settings were set for the south beam and the Polarisation was set at H instead of V.

Well, I have learnt something today!!

As you are obviously an expert on Sky boxes, can you please help me with this problem.

I have a TV , a sky box and DVD recorder. All work fine BUT  the DVD will not record , when set for some future time, without leaving the TV on. Is there any way around this please?

Thank you

Without actually knowing how you've got your set-up wired up, it's hard to say, but make sure the Sky box is linked first to your DVD recorder and then on to the TV.  If this is what you have done and you still have this problem, I'd need to know a bit more but I've never had this problem and I have a Video and a DVD recorder wired into my TV.