NRJ 100E top up valid for a year

[quote user="Me0wp00"]Has anyone else seen this special offer, I'm tempted as I will easily use 100E's worth in the next year.  Its 0.45cts a minute but valid for a year, otherwise its anything upto 4 months with nrj, I knew I should've put more credit on before november.
[/quote]

Oh whoop-te-do!

Sorry, but NRJ are as big a bunch of sharks as the rest (now). Asking for 100€ of up-front money, just for the honour of not  taking it from you without providing anything for it, for a whole year is a complete rip-off. Is it really .45c/min, or .45€/min - one is unlikely, one is daylight robbery, considering they have been sitting on your money for 12 months! If .0045€/min is the right price, and you really need 20,000 minutes/year then I'd be suprised!

We've slung our NRJ SIM, after they promised us "no expiry", & we are looking at another contract 'phone. What's the best deal?

Check out Virgin PAYG recharges and validity, Nick, they're on the Orange network.

Funny, but when I check my nrj credit bought prior to Oct, it expires end December, not next March........anyone else checked?

Steve

[quote user="Sc"]

Check out Virgin PAYG recharges and validity, Nick, they're on the Orange network.

Funny, but when I check my nrj credit bought prior to Oct, it expires end December, not next March........anyone else checked?

Steve

[/quote]

You are correct it is the end of December, December 2030 (deux mille trente)[:D]

I only use a mobile for texts and emergency calls so NRJ was perfect. (Until they introduced the expiry times) [:@] I stupidly forgot to top up in time. (Well i tried at 10pm on the last day to do it online but it wouldn't let me!)  I have about €4 left. So am considering just getting a UK sim when this runs out. The calls will only be emergencies, so cost not important, and i can receive texts. To reply to texts i am now using Skype (Costs about 10p i think.)

One thing I have been thinking of lately, we have both NRJ and SFR card. The NRJ will be binned when the credit expires, we purchased the NRJ because of the offer at the time,but now it will go. Anyway if we top up the SFR with a vodaphone topup card in the UK as you can.  Will we get the same time limits as the UK or French system ?  

Could be a way round the stupid time limits if it works.

Just a thought.

Steve