We are with France telecom for our phone and broadband internet (2mb connection). We also have the free calls in France thingy with the livebox. On our normal phone service, we are with phoneexpat for the cheap international and national phone calls.

For the past month, people have apparently phoned us but just got the engaged tone even though we weren't on the phone. Sometimes the calls get through as normal.

Today, I tried making a call with the adsl phone via the livebox. Got nothing. Then I tried with the normal phone, got a connection, then nothing. The livebox then disconnected from the internet and for the following hour our line was totally dead. I tried ringing our phone with our mobile but just got the engaged tone.

I tried just plugging the phone in on its own without the livebox and a few other things to no avail. I checked with our neighbour and he had no problems.

An hour later, the livebox reconnected to the net and we have a dial tone again.

Any ideas what's going on before I ring FT for an answer?

We had the livebox, and had problems. I contacted France Telecom (the English speaking number) and was told "they aren't very good on certain of our lines, or in certain areas" and they swapped it for a Sagem ADSL box, which has been faultless.........

[quote user="f1steveuk"]We had the livebox, and had problems. I contacted France Telecom (the English speaking number) and was told "they aren't very good on certain of our lines, or in certain areas" and they swapped it for a Sagem ADSL box, which has been faultless.........

[/quote]

I didn't know they had an English speaking number. Where did you find that?