Add ons disabled...

A nice computer man in England also disabled all my add ons, so when I go to my home page it comes up with add ons disabled and I then have to press the Home icon to get through.  When I go to tools etc, the Manage Add ons is blanked out - what can i do to enable them again??

many thanks

Sandra

[quote user="SS2002"]

Sorry!

I am using IE.

[/quote]

IE6 or IE7?

If IE7, have you tried going to Tools/Manage Add-Ons/Find More Add-ons?  (Sorry, I can't remember if it's the same in IE6.)

Oops, didn't read your original post carefully enough.  Do you mean that the entire "Manage Add-ons" link is grayed out, or only the sublink.

If the former, you might look here:

http://www.windowsmarketplace.com/category.aspx?bcatid=834&tabid=1/default.aspx

When you try to go to your home page, do you not get a message at the top of the screen that the webpage wants to run ActiveX or Java or Flash or something like that?  If so, you can probably download the necessary add-on at that point.

[quote user="SS2002"]

The entire Manage Add ons is greyed out and I am using IE7.  When I try to go to my home page it just says add ons disabled, click the home icon to continue....

Help :-)

[/quote]

Okay.  this is happening if you click on the Tools icon near the top right of your screen?  Or are you going to Tools/Internet Options/Programs/Manage Add-Ons (this assumes that you have the Menu bar enabled).

Hi,

I don't think the 'add ons' are so much disabled as there are none on your PC.  Go to www.adobe.com  and download 'Flash Player' and 'Shockwave' these are the most common add ons.  Once downloaded and installed you should be able to manage them.  So called 'add ons' are not installed by default on your PC you must add them yourself.

Regards