Applying citizenship for visa holder Salarie en mission

i have been living in france since 2006 with the type of visa 'Salarie en mission'

i would like to apply for citizenship after i finish my 5th year here

does anyone know if i can apply citizenship as holder of this kind of visa  ?

i asked same question to some relocation agents but they dont know as this is fairly new type of visa in France

and i have been informed that the duration with this visa may not be counted for the required 5 years of residence in France

regards,

I think she has answered your question, her reply was as follows.:

[quote user="Clair"]it is not a right acquired after 5 years of residency. It is subject to the discretionary decision of the administration, who may refuse, even if the conditions are met.[/quote]

All the visa does is prove, to a degree, that you could have been in France from the start date of the visa. You may have also been living in another country part of the time. That will be their attitude. A visa is a right to live here and does not mean you are living here if you see my point.

If you look at the responses in this search that I did, it seems to be only a temporary right of residence, that is valid for three years that can then be renewed.

I doubt (but don't know) that a temporary right of residence could then be translated into a right to citizenship.  There may be further info within the responses, I didn't read them all.

[quote user="cooperlola"]I notice in another place that things are likely to change on the naturalisation front, in the near future (2010 in some areas):
[/quote]

All that is really changing  is that the final decision will be taken at prefectoral level instead of at national level.  The rules remain the same.

• 1 year later...
hi,

i can answer only regarding citizenhip as i have no idea for other topics.

the only criteria to apply for citizenship is to live in france for 5 years.

after that it is upto authorities if they would accept it or not.

i havent applied yet.,,regards

• 3 weeks later...
So according to the website of the French Administration (http://vosdroits.service-public.fr/particuliers/F2213.xhtml), the main condition is to have lived in France on a regular basis for the last five years. The type of visa does not appear to be relevant.

"Le demandeur doit avoir sa résidence en France au moment de la

signature du décret de naturalisation et doit justifier d'un séjour

régulier.

Par ailleurs, il doit remplir une "condition de stage",

sauf exception (réduction ou dispense de stage), à savoir justifier

d'une résidence habituelle en France pendant les 5 années qui

précèdent le dépôt de sa demande.

Cette résidence doit avoir été régulière au regard de la réglementation sur le séjour des étrangers en France."

There is also mention of being able to speak French and to have a good knowledge of the rights and obligations of French citizens.

• 2 years later...

hello Androm

i am interesting to know if you received the asnwer for your question

as i am also searching answer for this question as i hold the same visa in france and interesting to findout if this will count towards the citizenship or not

regards and Thanks in advance for your feedback

[quote user="ashahzad398"]

hello Androm

i am interesting to know if you received the asnwer for your question

as i am also searching answer for this question as i hold the same visa in france and interesting to findout if this will count towards the citizenship or not

regards and Thanks in advance for your feedback

[/quote]

You may not have noticed that the last post on this thread is almost 3 years ago.

However, various people state that you had to be resident in France for 5 years before you could apply.

This, for a non-EU citizen, would seem to mean that you need a Carte de Séjour, not a Visa, to qualify as "Resident".

http://vosdroits.service-public.fr/N110.xhtml

In case you are not aware of the current rules for your Visa, they are here. http://www.immigration-professionnelle.gouv.fr/proc%C3%A9dures/fiche/salari%C3%A9s-en-mission

To get a correct answer to your question I suggest you contact the OFII, there is a link at the bottom of the page.