E-mail problems

I do hope you can help me to deliver some New Year greeting e-mails.

I use Orange, Windows XP, IE7 and outlook express.  For a few weeks now I have not been able to send e-mails to my relations in UK who have Yahoo e-mail addresses, all e-mails being returned as undelivered mail.

Yesterday, I also had e-mails refused by BTInternet, again undelivered mail marked

xxxxx@btinternet.com>: host mx2.bt.mail.yahoo.com[217.146.188.189]
    refused to talk to me: 451 VS1-IP5 Excessive unknown recipients - possible
    Open Relay http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/spam/spam-18.html (#4.1.8)

Unquote.

There were no excessive recipients as my son was the only recipient.  I have tried several times, but all are returned.

Is this a fault with me, or have Yahoo and BTInternet decided not to accept e-mails from Orange?

Is there anything I can do about this?

Thanks,

David

I have exactly the same problem in sending emails to bigpond users in Australia. It seems bigpond have blocked orange.fr addresses as being spam. I searched for an answer, but it got quite involved and I now use an alternate email address to send emails to those accounts.

Perhaps others have more luck with this issue, but it seems stupid that such a massive isp like orange is being blocked by similar sized isp's.

[quote user="David"]

Is this a fault with me, or have Yahoo and BTInternet decided not to accept e-mails from Orange?

Is there anything I can do about this?  

[/quote]

A friend had a similar problem some time ago with Orange mail not being accepted by Tiscali in the UK; I advised her to set up an account with gmail; this she did as it seems to work with just about every mail provider.

Sue

Thanks for that.  Sorry to be thick, but which of gmail or yahoo would be easier to use, and how do you send and receive (or download) the emails from outlook express 7?  Do you have to set up outlook express and if so how?

Thanks,

David

[quote user="David"]

Do you have to set up outlook express and if so how?

[/quote]

In gmail you sign up, then follow their step-by-step, very clear instructions to incorporate it into OE. The friend I mentioned who was having email problems is 73 and bought her first computer at age 71. So if she can do it then so can you ...

Sue [:)]