Is this a genuine email from Orange?

I have just received the following email purporting to be from Orange.

de:"Orange/Wanadoo Maintenance" [email protected]

à :

non renseigné 

date :

15/03/09 05:11

objet :

Orange Prévu Maintenance © 2009  

Orange et Wanadoo Cher utilisateur - © Chers Orange - Wanadoo
Chers © Orange

Cher client Orange, en raison de la nécessaire re-construction de notre site Web et mise à jour de début de trimestre en raison de cette année, nous avons besoin de vous pour re-confirmer et mettre à jour votre nom d'utilisateur et votre mot de passe de notre base de données et aussi pour protéger votre compte de messagerie électronique contre le spam et les messages à éviter que votre compte de messagerie été supprimé.

Nom d'utilisateur:
mot de passe:

Réponse de l'information à [email protected]
Orange Maintenance équipe.
© 2009 Orange.
© Powered by Live, Microsoft Inc

Unquote

In view of the advice never to respond to emails requesting personal information, and that Orange should already have this information, I wonder if this email is genuine?

I also wonder what would happen if I ignore this email, and it is genuine?

Thanks,

David

Hi Clair,

I found the email in the list of emails on my email page on the Orange web site.  I always check the emails on the Orange site before downloading them to my machine.

This still could be a phishing attempt though?

David

Put your mouse on the mail address within the email (don't click it) - somewhere on your browser (usually at the bottom) it will show the real address of the link - does it still go to Orange?

If not, its a phish [:)] after all, its no good asking for information if you don't send it back somewhere.

If the last line in the email "© Powered by Live, Microsoft Inc" was in the email you read online on the Orange site, I'd say it was a phishing attempt. 

Orange would never send you an email using a live (hotmail) address.

EDIT: It's a fake, I've just noticed the email address in the  "Réponse de l'information à" section... orange.wanadoo@live.com . 

Genuine Orange emails would be sent from a "@orange.fr" address.

[quote user="David"]Hi Clair,

I found the email in the list of emails on my email page on the Orange web site.  I always check the emails on the Orange site before downloading them to my machine.

This still could be a phishing attempt though?

David[/quote]

Sorry, I didn't explain well...

What I meant was check on the website itself, not in your inbox.

If there is some maintenance scheduled, as per the message, Orange would put an advisory note on the website for its users' attention.

In view of the advice never to respond to emails requesting personal information, and that Orange should already have this information, I wonder if this email is genuine? 

David, you have just answered your own question.

I also wonder what would happen if I ignore this email, and it is genuine?

Its not, delete it