teleconnect - e-mail probs???

My Teleconnect connection seems to be a bit flaky over this weekend.... I think internet connections are going down for a few minutes at a time, so maybe just as you were sending your email, connection was interrupted for a second.. Things are obviously not resolved yet !!

Nell,

Do you think they ever will be? Although of late they have been much better. I did consider jumping ship to Orange (my only other option) but have held back for now as it may be a case of "better the devil you know" syndrome. My phone calls have been OK with TC for a while so presumably they have conquered the original problems.  But like other providers, they may still have the odd glitch periodically.

tuppence

Whilst Teleconnect do not provide an email servive they do however

operate a SMTP server to allow mail to be sent from email clients such

as Outlook and Outlook Express and it's quite possible that this was

down for maintenance or other reasons. The recent slew of problems were

nothing to do with this at all.

I am still experiencing the need for router reboots but then I have

always had to do it once or twice a week so have learned to live with

it.

A friend of mine has given up with Teleconnect and gone with Orange. Touch wood, he's so far had no problem which is a good thing thing as I recommended he give Orange a try!

Like him, I can't see the point in paying for a service which you don't receive. OK, a blip now and again is acceptable but having to reboot routers on a regular basis, I certainly don't call part of an acceptable paid for service.

But there again each to their own!

I agree that it's not acceptable but unfortunately my options for changing ISP are limited by an error on FT's part.

According to my estimation and based on actual performance, which is a

rock solid 2mb, my line is something like 3500m however, according to

FT's database, which ISP's use to determine what service they are able

to offer and can be personally interrogated via services such as

Degrouptest.com, it was 4830m with 49dB attenuation, figures on which

TC were able to offer me a 2mb package.

I say 'was' because recently, and for no apparent reason nor borne out

in any reduction in performance, it has magically 'extended' itself to

4936m and 61dB attenuation as a consequence of which now no ISP will

offer me better than 512kb so unless I can get FT to correct their

error I'm stuck with what I've got.

A router reboot once or twice a week is not such an onerous task and in

fact I have taken to switching it off most nights and saving €1 of

elecrticity PA !

It's not really e - mail probs, but VOIP & internet prbs that I am concerned about. Until about two weeks ago I was very happy with Teleconnect (giving them the benefit of the doubt with their upgrade probs), but suddenly the service goes "t's up", the VOIP line goes down when I am chatting to my aged mum in the UK; the internet connection can only be re - established when I switch it off/on. Their techy guys can only suggest I take out the Teleconnect one bill servicewhereby I don't have a bill to pay from FT! I have asked what difference this will make to my service & am awaiting their reply. Internet & VOIP have gone down so many times during the past week, so I have given them an ultimatum - fix it within seven days otherwise I am going to Orange! I am not interested in "English" helpline - I just want a reasonably reliable service. During the past two months or so I really thought I had got away with the upgrade probs fairly lightly!

Note to Teleconnect

Number One Gripe: No weekend cover

My line goes down every weekend with no chance of telephoning anyone to ask what is going on.  Any company that I move to must have weekend technical cover.

Number Two Gripe: Inadequate customer care

It is very difficult to get through to the Technical Helpline but easy to access the Sales Line.  So they are taking new customers without sorting out their existing ones.

Hi,

We had originally been with orange for the first ywo years of being in france and had tons of problems with the web crashing, being thrown off web sites, not being able to open numerous sites. We swapped to teleconnect in may this year and apart from the few intial glitches that everyone was having at that time we have had no problems with the computer connections or the free uk line. Hope it continues like this.....................who can say !!!

Mel.