Heating oil cost

PaulT

OK I'm sold!  We fancy having a bath too so a chauffe eau would probably be better than the combi oil boiler alone (no hot water tank) to fill that.  Can I ask a probably silly question AnOther?  Where can you put the chauffe eau in the system?  Does it have to be next to the oil boiler or can it be anywhere along the line of hot and cold water pipes?  I ask because we have no room next to our boiler but we would in the bathroom.  Are you allowed to have it in the bathroom?

[quote user="Kong"]Sorry I'm confusing the issue[/quote]Yes, and you really should have left it there, unless you trying to argue that a pompe a chaleur is in some way an alternative method of providing 200+lt of domestic hot water on demand for €10/mth ?

If so then please do elaborate.

Yes it is. I have a 300l tank with a heat pump on top. Just as with reversible aircon/heating systems enengy is extracted from the air (in this case) and used to heat a refrigerant which in turn heats the water. For each kw of electricity used up to 3 kw of energy can be generated though this level of efficiency is rarely achieved. So it is inevitable that it is cheaper to run than conventioanl ballons. However the capital costs are inevitably high. Also under some circumstances you can claim tax relief, though I've never tried.