Installing Sky dish - help please!

We've brought our Sky digibox from Normandy to the Vendee, but can't seem to get it working.

Please could someone tell me what is the position to point the dish, also what should the numbers be in the two boxes below where it says 'Lock ok' (should it say 'lock ok' and if it shouldn't how do we alter that?)

Many many thanks for any help - it's just too hot to be messing with the dish for hours!!

I was just going to post the same link.

Lock indicator = OK

Network ID = 0002

Transport stream 07d4

If when moving the dish you pick up a different satelite, giving numbers other than as above, unplug the Sky box, wait a moment then plug it back in,  then continue to align the dish, moving the dish in very small movements and waiting a few seconds between each adjustment.

http://www.onastra.co.uk/how-to-receive-astra/installation-assistent/index.php

Gives you a step by step, easy to use guide which you can print for direction, elevation and lnb polarisation.

Piece of cake - even easier than that if you use a 20 euro sat finder aswell (little box with an earpiece), got mine in Tridome.  Do-able without it but for 20 euro it's worth having.

There are two satellites close together - if you pick up the French one instead then move the dish left a few degrees and up a smidge and you'll find Astra 2.  No need to go back down the ladder and unplug the box, it'll lose the lock as soon as it loses the signal.

Ciao ciao.

Many thanks everybody. We've finally got it working (though no thanks to a metronic box we tried to use!). With a lot of faffing around we finally got the Panasonic Sky box to make a proper effort and pick up Sky.

Not fun on a boiling hot day!!

Thanks again for all the help.

Pommier

Yes should be easy Astra ( sky) is I believe 28.2 deg east. we did ours no problem, just needed to tweek it when we got the signal, just take your time and get as good a signal and quality as you can, saves problems when its wet and windy. Mind I don't suppose you will be reading this for a few days at least if you are like us traveling to Mc Do's every few days to read e-mails etc. Never thought I'd say I like McDo.

Steve