When I am on line and move from one page on a website to another, the screen regularly freezes up and I am given the error message - which then results in the webpages all closing and having to open up the original web page all over again. It has been driving me mad for about a month and I can't find out how to solve the prob once and for all. Any ideas please? phylis

[quote user="phylisbide"]When I am on line and move from one page on a website to another, the screen regularly freezes up and I am given the error message - which then results in the webpages all closing and having to open up the original web page all over again. It has been driving me mad for about a month and I can't find out how to solve the prob once and for all. Any ideas please? phylis[/quote]

You have cleared your cache and cookies haven't you? As sometimes a build up of defunct cookies and a too-full cache causes a halt, much as you are experiencing, to internet browsing.

Sue

What would be helpful from you phylisbide is if you told us what browser you are using (and version) plus your operating system and whether it is fully up to date with service packs etc. Also what exactly the error message says might be useful.

Another thing to do would be to clear out your logs and then next time it crashes have a look in them read the error messages. I can tell you how to do that when you come back with the requested info.

Without knowing what you are currently using advising simply to switch browsers is perhaps not the most appropriate 1st response, besides, I find that hard to believe a Chrome crash really only crashes a single tab [blink]

Hello

I am using Windows Explorer; Windows xp; The error message is: The program is not responding. To return to Windowsetc.. If you choose to end the program immediately etc.then.. You chose to end the non responsive program Internet Explorer... then the page you are on and the original webpage disappear and you have to start all over again. Very aggravating. PB

PB, I solved a very similar difficulty with certain sites (though not this one) by using Firefox instead of Internet Explorer.

It's very simple to download and install it from http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en/firefox/; you can import all your old favourites etc and you can run it alongside IE if you want to keep that for some other sites. The two are very similar in use so there is not a lot to re-learn. I think it's well worth a try if you haven't done so already.