my sat controller has broke and tv is stuck on radio only , have tried using a multi controller but no luck as doesnt have a radio/tv button option, even the tv man couldn` solve the problem! the sat and dish are french can i use an english sat box with the french sat dish it was pointed at astra 28 i just want to get bbc1 ,2 and itv ?

[quote user="Théière"]Would a euro box work now that freesat is available?[/quote]

Having set up both types, and assuming that by "Euro box" you mean a FTA box, then the difference between a "bog standard" FTA box and a Freesat (as opposed to "Freesat from Sky") box is that the Freesat one by default will find the Freesat channels (provided the dish that it is connected to points to the Astra cluster at 28.2E) and puts the UK channels (BBC1/2/3/4, ITV1/2/3/4, Ch4 etc) in a reasonable sequence, and will keep them that way, whereas with a FTA box you have to sequence them manually. The EPG is generally better as well. Hence the Freesat boxes tend to be rather more user-friendly for picking up the UK channels. However, the non-Freesat FTA boxes will still work.

Regards

Pickles