New Sony Viao wanted, English keyboard

AMAZON UK 

will sell you one and ship it - no guarantee problems etc and the shipping is very reasonable in my experience.  Do you really need a receipt in Euros?  My own insurers are quite happy with UK receipts (MAAF) as long as I attach a copy of evidence of the exchange rate on the day from the Banque de France website or other reliable source (I had to claim for loads of stuff which was destroyed in my car including my laptop with which I had the same problem as you - ie I needed a qwerty keyboard as I touch type.)

EDIT : I see they will actually do the currency thing for you to with their

CURRENCY CONVERTER

Well, I've just tried to order one and it will ship without any trouble - just over £7 to send.  You have to buy a product which is sold by Amazon themselves, not a merchant (the giveaway is anything listed as being eligible for "Super Saver" delivery.)

They won't send groceries abroad though, you are quite right!

[quote user="Rowan"]Thanks all! I am going on line shopping! Hurrah!]] PS if anyone could recommend me the best Viao I would be grateful! Need it to travel, so good battery life, not too heavy, preferably funky colour...[/quote]

Hi,

Do Not buy one with the NVIDIA® GeForce® 8400M GT GPU Graphics.  They have had lots of problems with this chip.  I am just about to scrap a Vaio which is just out of warranty and although Sony knew the problem they extended the warranty in the U.S. but it doesn't apply in the U.K.  Needless to say I am replacing it with another make and model.

Best of Luck

Yeah, my big toy is a Mac, but I like having a Windows laptop for compatibility issues (despite having Windows for MAc installed).

Also the one that was stolen was a Sony Viao, and I am not sure the insurance company would be happy with too much of an upgrade at their expense!

I have one of these natty little chaps:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0033AGIR8/ref=oss_product

11 hours battery life, very neat and nice to look at to boot! Recommended by a couple of other posters on here.  My only complaint is the "slimline" version of Windows which it comes with but whether that would bother you or not would largely depend upon what you do with it (as it were!)