When trying to access my emails on Orange tonight a site called Metagate Orange appeared and asked for my log in details, I closed it and did a quick google search. It seems many others are having the same problem and are asking the question, is it a virus? I could not find a definitive answer. Can anyone advise? I have a MAC.

Lollie

[quote user="Lollie"]When trying to access my emails on Orange tonight a site called Metagate Orange appeared and asked for my log in details, I closed it and did a quick google search. It seems many others are having the same problem and are asking the question, is it a virus? I could not find a definitive answer. Can anyone advise? I have a MAC. Lollie[/quote]

Couldnt possibly have been harmful; we all know MACs are impervious to malignants.[6]

Hi,

J&D thanks for that, knew you'd have the answer.

Lollie, it seems if you move quickly enough opening an email it will work! It seems to be a case of beating the metagate screen - unfortunately I don't move too quickly at this time of the morning!!

Chris

[quote user="pachapapa"]

[quote user="Lollie"]When trying to access my emails on Orange tonight a site called Metagate Orange appeared and asked for my log in details, I closed it and did a quick google search. It seems many others are having the same problem and are asking the question, is it a virus? I could not find a definitive answer. Can anyone advise? I have a MAC. Lollie[/quote]

Couldnt possibly have been harmful; we all know MACs are impervious to malignants.[6]

[/quote]

Not wanting to start a flaming war but there are virusses (viri?) which can exploit Apple software, they are just not as numerous as Windows attacks. And if you are on a network with windows computers then you can "pass on" an infection.

Be vigilant