Dual Sim phone options?

Is anyone up to speed on the latest dual sim phone technology?, during conversation an acquaintance was raving about his new new Nokia deal with both English and French sim, in a rosé haze only the bare info was retained, and he is now en route on long haul.

[quote user="Jazzer"]  has anyone bought one? I have been tempted, but am still wary.[/quote]

Exactement! rather than just stabbing in the dark I was hoping to pick-up on someone's direct experience of deals that include French calls; I've been ripped off by O2 long enough!

Well, it seems to me that all it does is obviate the need for you to have two phones or to swap SIMs each time you cross the channel.  Handy, yes, but not ground-breaking as far as I can see.  I can't imagine that the technology is very complicated but I probably missed something in the translation.[8-)]  I cannot see how it would free anybody from their current provider - whom you buy the SIMs from appears to be up to you.

Thanks for your replies, apologies, obviously I didn't make myself clear, the recommendation I had was that there is a deal from a provider offering a dual sim phone with both UK and French usage included in the tarif with separate numbers for each country (I think) ? is anyone else familiar with this?

[quote user="Simon-come-lately"]emmmm was there something about my post you didn't understand. [/quote]I understood you perfectly, as it happens - I just couldn't figure out how it was any better than having two phones in terms of costs and contracts.  It seemed an unnecessary investment when chucking the phone which is inappropriate to the country I'm in into the glovebox of my car works quite well.  Having read John's latest post though, I do get it now. 

JJ, I hope this does exist because it would then make the things more interesting.  Better still if I could find a dual SIM flip phone - hate the ones with open fronts because they get damaged in the bottom of my bag.

[quote user="cooperlola"]Better still if I could find a dual SIM flip phone - hate the ones with open fronts because they get damaged in the bottom of my bag.[/quote]

what are you waiting for Deb? Not really you???

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Quad-band-Dual-SIM-Disney-Mickey-Flip-Phone-MP3-MP4-FM-/320664158037

more conventional

http://www.nextmobilephones.com/philips-xenium-x216-dual-sim-clamshell-phone

Danny [Www]