compatibility problems with Hewlet Packard PSC 110 all in one printer

The above printer worked fine with my windows XP laptop BUT has known problems without solutions when used with my Windows 7 lap top.

This information appears on screen and I wonder if anyone knows what to do other than buying a new printer!

Sorry 1110 is correct reference.

When copying from internet explorer I can get a copy BUT when trying to copy from my mail box,then not printing.After investigation in Hewlett Packard Directer a message states "known compatibility problemss with it and my Windows 7.

Sorry Ab, more questions...

when you say "get a copy" and "trying to copy" do you mean printing?

What is your "mail box"? Is this in Internet explorer -  for example Orange messagerie, or Hotmail - or in an email program like Live Mail or Outlook express?

Danny

Ab, no problem to print an email on Windows live mail here.

Windows 7 PC and an HP PSC1215 which is very similar to yours.

I would suggest uninstalling the printer and reinstalling to see if that helps.

To uninstall:

Start button, Control Panel, Hardware and Sound,

Printers.

Right-click the printer that you want to remove, and then click

Delete.If you can't delete the printer, right-click it again, click Run

as administrator, and then click Delete. If you are prompted for an administrator password or

confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Reboot the computer.

For reinstallation, the printer should be automatically recognised in Windows 7

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02658990&cc=uk&dlc=en&lang=en&lc=en&product=90787#N604

Danny

I have an even older PSC 950 and even though HP said 'drivers included in Windows 7 blah blah blah' it failed at the first hurdle, installing as a USB device. I was ready to bin it but eventually found newer drivers on HP's site. It doesn't give the familiar desktop Solutions Center but the various functions such as print, scan etc. work from within programmes such as Paint Shop Pro.

I don't use Live Mail so cannot comment on printing from there but it prints other web pages so can't see why it would have a problem with it.