Problem connecting to Hotmail.com

I can't connect to my Hotmail.com account today- the green bar starts to fill up with 3 or 4 of the little green squares then stops there..

Everything else seems to be fine and functioning as normal.  I'm just wondering if this problem is Hotmail or Orange or me ?

Has anyone had the same problem ?  Any advice as to what I should do ?

Thanks Sue

Is this still going on perhaps ?

9 September 2011 - NOTICE: Hotmail is currently down for

large parts of the U.S. and other countries due to a massive power outage

affecting California, Arizona, and Mexico

http://www.theinternetpatrol.com/hotmail-outage-as-server-goes-down-users-unable-to-access-email

EDIT:

As inconvenient as it might be I couldn't resist a chuckle when I saw some of the comments on that site: e.g.

Has anyone started a class action against “hotmail” yet?

Thinking we should

collectively sue Microsoft. 187m + days of work would add up to a

pretty sum One that might make them actually SORT THIS PROBLEM OUT!

Hello people, Hotmail is a FREE service which has NO OBLIGATION  to provide ANYTHING to ANYBODY at ANY TIME so exactly what are they expecting to sue them for. They could shut it down tomorrow and that would be the end of it, ditto Yahoo and Gmail !!!

Thank you all, it does look as if it  is something to do with that general shut down problem rather than something I have inadvertently done.

I was able to access it yesterday so maybe its only caught up with me today.  I just use it as an extra mailbox and not for anything of great of importance really. It'll just have to be a case of sitting it out and see what happens..

I hadn't picked up on that in the news at all- too far tucked under my own little toadstool this week I think.

Thanks for the info - as usual , lovely quick responses!

Thanks I think it is indeed fixed now.  I tried about half an hour ago and found a message to see they were having problems and half my inbox appeared beneath the message but it wouldn't respond.  I have just tried once more and all seems absolutely normal again.

Isn't it great that there is always someone here to take the time to sort something out or advise or reassure! Very nice indeed.