Turning off Orange internet service

You can suspend the phone line but I didn't think you could suspend the adsl subscription. Unless there is a new package now that lets you do this as well?

To suspend the phone line there is a number you can dial from the phone itself that does it automatically and instantly (sorry, can't remember what it is).

If she's cancelling it permanently you probably need to send a formulaire de résiliation.

I was able to suspend/unsuspend my Orange internet until recently - was a bit awkward - had to write to Bordeaux 15 days before then give notice to suspend as well.

However from earlier this year it seems that you have to cancel your internet then go through the palaver of signing up again and getting a new account - I can't be bothered with that so keep my internet open whilst suspending my phone .

Now if only there was a reasonable priced dongle thingy available in France!

Tenniswitch (and others)

It seems that the current Orange policy regarding suspension/cancellation of 'Découverte' internet is the following:

It is no longer possible to suspend the internet service but (slight semantics), one can change the account into an simple dial up account called 'accès libre' from the next month on. There is then no charge if you do not use the dial up at all under this account. Then when you want to restart, you ask for your 'accès libre' service to be transformed to the 'Découverte' service. If you do not use the dial up service for six months, your account and email address will be terminated. So, if this is what you want, then make sure you ask for your account to be changed to Accès Libre. Je voudrais migrer mon offre en 'accès libre' pour le mois suivant SVP...

Otherwise, one can simply cancel the service - in writing - and it will be stopped within 10 days. If you want to restart, you can start a new contract.

If you use a rented livebox, you will continue to pay (3 euros p/m) for it if it is not returned properly. It may be better to use your own modem or modem/router in any case.

Danny

PS There may be some resistance or even denial from the 'service clients' as this does not generate any commission for them such as they may get from selling you an expensive package.

Danny,

Totally agree with what you say - your "ps" is the telling bit - I asked to change back to acces libre and was informed by e-mail that it was no longer possible, I was told the same by the English speaking helpline.

Looks like a case of asking to change to acces libre first then if no success then cancellation or keeping the internet going seems the only option.