Hope I have not missed any recent post on this subject, but wonder if any of the readers have experience of 3D projectors. I recently bought an LG passive 3D screen for my computer and have been quite pleased with the results. I don't want to replace the main TV with a bigger 3D one due to the cost and the only slightly bigger size.

There is a lot of appeal in having a projector that can produce a considerably larger 2D image on a screen coupled with the possibility of 3D. Have been researching the Acer models as the have just come out with an LCD one which gets round the "rainbow" effect problems spinning disks can produce in some people. Typically no store in the departments near me have one to go and look at!

Don't want an HDMI 1.4a fully capable 3D machine as I intend to hook it up to an Nvidia graphics card running their 3D active glasses to try to over come the multitude of different standards that exisit.

Any user views would be appreciated.

Hi there! were you the guy who started a 3D TV thread a while back?

Cos I also have 3D TV and check BonCoin once a week for Video Projectors; I am considering getting one for use in the summer at night probably in the garden.

The  Optoma 3D DPL 1080p/720p units seem to be what I am looking for "this week".[:)]

So I am interested in your views.

Not guilty for the previous thread. Acer K330 is what I am looking at this week. Some doubt that it is Nvidia 3d compatible. It says so in the PDF manual I have downloaded, but not on the Nvidia site. I am having Amazon check it out. Don't think this will be bright enough for the garden though! Acer H 5360B is another one, but may suffer from the Rainbow. Have you actually seen a home cinema 3D in action?

Have you actually seen a home cinema 3D in action?
Yeah I got one but plasma, not projection, in my lounge.

The sound is 5.1 at moment but the Blu Ray 3D Player has digital & analogic output in 7.1 so an upgrade is on the cards.

At moment I have 2 active samsung glasses and have been looking for more for the summer so no great rush; there is a site in malaysia that sells them cheaply as well if I cant get the right price on Bon Coin.

I am not convinced that they are the right medium for everyday use, the bulbs are very expensive and only last 3,000 hours or so; the fact that there are lots & lors on Bon Coin suggests that the fairy star dust rubs off quickly.

3D         http://www.leboncoin.fr/image_son/offres/ile_de_france/occasions/?f=a&th=1&q=Video+projecteurs+3D

ALL      http://www.leboncoin.fr/image_son/offres/ile_de_france/occasions/?f=a&th=1&q=Video+projecteurs+

looks like a second hand buyers market.[:D]

[quote user="Théière"]

A quick scan of the list on your post and for a few quid more you can buy new with a warranty.

[/quote]

Yes I agree, there having just looked at the second hand ones. Many of them are old models and the two I am looking at new, HD 3D ready are about the 500 euro mark with a two year guarantee. Lamp life does not seem a problem if its used for watching Movies rather than replacing the TV. Saying that the K330 is an LCD with a lamp life of 20000 hrs! Low power usage allows off the grid use to according to some forums.

I consider myself to be reasonably tech savy, but the whole 3D issue seems quite complex when it comes to pulling it all together at a reasonable price. Some of the articles I have read have been in English, but not as I know it!! Reading some of the buyers comments on Amazon etc clearly show that they have bought glasses and equipment but have not really understood what they have bought. The classic on Ebay was a French buyer who bought the new Nvidia Vision 2 3D glasses and complained as there was only one in the box!

Of course its not helped either by the people who write the manuals often don't make the actual projectors.

[quote user="Théière"]

A quick scan of the list on your post and for a few quid more you can buy new with a warranty.

[/quote]

A one month old Acer 433, is around € 60 than the cheapest online store, CDiscount, of course that is before negotiating a price, personally I never buy anything at more than 2/3 of retail price, basically TVA + 10% for each 6 months of use. The guarantee is for a period of time and is transferable between buyers, I speak of course of the manufacturers guarantee as the on line supplier will not entertain any recourse after a period of 7 working days.

http://www.leboncoin.fr/image_son/288402510.htm?ca=12_s

Can you recommend a site similar to Bon Coin in the UK sothat I can compare the price of active 3D spectacles; in particular I am looking for a couple of pairs of Samsung SSG-2200ar which are rechargeable, thankyou, regards, malcolm. 

If Malcolm is asking me, I think Vivastreet operates in the UK. The only place I buy from in the UK for second hand stuff is Ebay, and have it sent here or have a pal bring it.

Richer Sounds is great for amps, got a ONKYO from them, HDMI pass through, fab 5.1, though now I wish I had got 7.2!

Would also like an A**kicker but SHMBO has put her foot down unless we have separate La Z boys!