Upgrading satellite system

[quote user="Martin963"]My reputation is on the line if it doesn't work eh coops...??!!

To get the non-TNT stuff you may need to do a free to air scan;   often TNTsat boxes initially just put up the channels for TNTsat,   + a handful of others (eg TV Vosges,  TV Mont Blanc) and you have subsequently to order them specifically to find the German stuff with a general scan.  

Just to warn you that this might be needed.
[/quote]Finally got my new TV installed in my new upstairs room yesterday so put the TNT box to work.  It did exactly as you predicted, Martin, and thus I was prepared, did the scan, and was watching German Europsport within about 10 minutes!  Signal strengh and quality between 80 and 90 so clearly the dish was well welded on!!!

Thanks Martin and others for clear and simple explanations which worked.[:)]

As an aside coops,  I notice that our TNTsat receivers are showing the current "Canalsat/Canal+ offre" (see programme 4) as €21.99 per month (I think) for Canalsat AND Canal + for a whole year,  after that €71.50 or similar.

Although I shan't take it up I reckon that for a year's worth that's pretty reasonable (desperate?).

I cannot imagine paying 72 euros a month for TV, can you?  Although as you say, the "teaser" offer isn't bad.  Happily I now have all the channels I want, although I am having trouble getting a second Sky white card, even 2nd hand on e-bay, so I can get Motors in both places.  Any ideas?

I'm afraid that there you have me,   if they aren't on ebay I suspect they're going to be pretty hard to find.

But maybe someone on here "knows different".

I wonder if the teaser offer is precisely because - as you say - €72 is a great deal of money.....

Blimey Pierre, well done!  I can't imagine where Mr C's been looking (he's the e-bay bod in our house since I cannot get my Papal account to work any more) as he found none when he looked but finally got one on a "buy now" yesterday evening although I do reckon he paid over the odds.  I've forgiven you for the sheets now....[:D]

Q, I also have Freeview so the regional news (which I don't watch anyway) isn't too relevant.  Plus you can always get another regional news version on the extra channels menu.