• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Quillan"]

But SFR already do a package as described (OK it's only 1Go download but the rest is the same)  for €24,90 per month. So is this going to get even cheaper and with more download capacity?

http://www.sfr.fr/mobile/series-red-de-sfr.jspe#sfrintid=V_onglet_offre_tel-series-red

[/quote]

Quickly reading the two links the principal difference seems to be the extra 1 GO and the unlimited "fixes" to 100 destinations rather than just metropolitain, DOMs and north america.

Having considered the situation carefully and having read norman's post I shall be changing in the spring from Alice to Free; thereby keeping my unlimited calls to Argentina to keep contact with the malvinas group.

God luck with the 48 widgets when attacked by 48 drones launched from the South Georgias.[:P]

I have a free mobile card successfully running on the 2€ forfait. It works fine in France. Does anyone know how I buy 'credit' at 5€ for 3 months as advertised to make overseas calls? I can't find anything on the Free site.

Phone customer services perhaps?

Glad to hear it works OK, I am still waiting for mine but as I wont be paying for it (I am a Free abonné) I expect I am at the back of the queue, something we fidele chaps are used to in this modern world.

I have been through sans engagement carte Sims with Orange, NRJ, Lebara and now Lycamobile and they have all changed their tariffs and/or shafted me at one time often losing my number and credit [:(] I am a low practically zero minutes user but it will be nice to be able to use the mobile a bit and not worry about the cost, french friends think I am mad when I give them my land line number and insist on calling them on theirs, (its free with Free).

What I like about the €2 (to others) forfait is that if you go over the 60 minutes calls still cost less than any of the other mobicarttes that I have used which were in any case really cheap compared to what most people were paying.

Phone customer services perhaps?

Glad to hear it works OK, I am still waiting for mine but as I wont be paying for it (I am a Free abonné) I expect I am at the back of the queue, something we fidele chaps are used to in this modern world.

I have been through sans engagement carte Sims with Orange, NRJ, Lebara and now Lycamobile and they have all changed their tariffs and/or shafted me at one time often losing my number and credit [:(] I am a low practically zero minutes user but it will be nice to be able to use the mobile a bit and not worry about the cost, french friends think I am mad when I give them my land line number and insist on calling them on theirs, (its free with Free).

What I like about the €2 (to others) forfait is that if you go over the 60 minutes calls still cost less than any of the other mobicarttes that I have used which were in any case really cheap compared to what most people were paying.

[quote user="jk"]I have a free mobile card successfully running on the 2€ forfait. It works fine in France. Does anyone know how I buy 'credit' at 5€ for 3 months as advertised to make overseas calls? I can't find anything on the Free site.[/quote]

No not yet.

You have put your finger on the one weakness in the packege for someone who needs to call/sms the UK sometimes; that you need that extra credit.

With my prepaid card it used to just come off the paid up credit.

My 2€ card works fine, and so does my 15.99€ now that SFR have finally let go their clutches..

Chancer's suggestion proved fruitful. Customer service supplied the predictably disappointing info. Calls abroad or rather the purchase of credit to make calls is not available to the mortals who have opted for the 2€ in spite of what is published in the tariffs. Hey Ho!

jk

Strange as they will presumeably have a prélévement set up to your bank in order to bill you if you go over your €2 forfait, I guess for me they will just add it on to my existing monthly payment for the telly t'internet and land line which varies if I call French or english mobiles, its never more than a couple of Euros a month though.

In fact that should drop to virtually nothing once I have the carte sim, another bonus for me, well done Free!!!

Taking it to extremes if I had been using my Free ligne fixe to call French mobiles for 60 minutes a month my free Free forfat would save me €21 per month [:D]

I have just recieved notification of the number porting and despatch of the carte sim so I threw caution to the wind and used up the remaining €1.80 left with Lebara before they pinch it!

hopefully within a few days and preferably before I go into hospital I can report that I am up and running with Free, the wait has been understandable and their communications excellent.

Que Choisir today tuesday produce a report on the mobile phone forfaits, highlighting the "pièges" for each provider.

The consumer organisation advices that if the dubious contractual conditions are not corrected within a period of three weeks then " la merde va frapper le ventilateur".

http://www.lemonde.fr/technologies/article/2012/02/07/l-ufc-que-choisir-donne-trois-semaines-aux-operateurs-pour-faire-la-transparence-sur-leurs-nouveaux-forfaits_1639758_651865.html

Well I have just come up against a MAJOR piège with the Free 2€/0€ card

You cant send sms or call outside France!

They don't let you send an sms and then just charge an excess: you get an error message

You can't buy extra credit fot 5 or 10 € as advertised to allow you to do this (see a couple of posts above)

So you are restricted to France.  This  doesn't matter to me for calls as I have  free calls to fixed phones in the UK, but the restriction on Sms is a real nuisance as I use quick text messages to keep in touch when I am in hospital for example, and that was a major reason for having a mobile phone..

When these limited tarifs were introduced they were intended  primarily as a social commitment to get people without internet and fixed telephone facilities connected. Think in terms of young ado seeking work and needing to contact or keep in contact with a potential employer, etc. So it is not surprising that the forfait, at least to me, does not include services outside france.

Of course it was only a matter of time before we had a wngeing brit complaining at the top of his voice in CAPITAL LETTERS that he/she is unable to take advantage of the system.[:D][:D][:D]

These sort of people should be placed on a boat train and directed to calais via bobingy.[I][:P]

The social nature of the forfait is shown by the fact that only ONE is permitted per "foyer".

HMMM? THAT IS GOING TO CAUSE ME PROBLEMS ALSO? i WONDER IF IT WILL ACCEPT TEXT MESSAGES AND INDEED CALLS FROM THE uk?

Capitals were for PPP.

Norman, can you send the textos using your €15 abonnement?

Maybe I will have to put some credit on the Lycamobil carte sim that I have recently got, it will be a shame as its bad enough having 2 sim cards, one for use in the UK and one in France but to have to have 2 for France alone is silly, I use less than €5 per year at present and most of that is just to protect the credit or when I play pocket billiards without realising that the keyguard is not on [:$]

Yes you can send textos at 19 cnt with the 15.99

It just adds it to the facture as 'hors forfait'

which begs the question...

If the 5/10€ cards are not for the 2€ users who are they for ?

Other users don't need them !

And why the list of costs of calls/SMS abroad for the 2€ user if you cant make them?

Even stranger is my info conso at the moment

Forfait

Forfait 60mn/60SMS à 2 euros

> Conso & factures

Au 07 Février :

Voix utilisée : 0h2min57s -

Sms utilisés : 0

Hors forfait : 0,00 €

Hors forfait Étranger : 0,00 €

which makes it look as if it should be possible to make calls/Sms, but 'hors forfait Etranger'

I am going to 'attack' the Free helpline today, but my workaround for the moment is this:

I send SMSs to the UK vie Skype. You can buy £10 of credit which lasts (unlike the Free cards which were advertised as having 3 months only validity)

On Skype you can indicate the mobile number to which you want the reply to be sent, so I put my 2€ Sim number.

The disadvantage of this is that you have to be somewhere with Internet access to send by Skype...

I expect that they are still working out the details of how it is going to work, finding and negotiating with partners in other countries etc, remember that they had been planning the forfait illimité for a couple of years but the forfait social was decided on virtually at the last minute to shame the other operators and the government and what a coup de publicité it was for them too!

There are several options on my espace abonnée that dont appear to work, I am confident they will in time.

For me even with the current restrictions it is still a great deal [:D] I hope the carte sim arrives today or before I go into hospital, I have recieved an incomprehensible resilitation texto from Lebara saying that the portabilité sera effectuée le 20120206 entre 11h and 15h, can anyone guess what day they are talking about?

Rather reminds me of NRJ when I topped up they said my credit illimité would expire in 1910! The bar stewards trousered it all a couple of months later and I lost the number (which I had chosen and was the same as my land line except the prefix) and it definitely wasnt 1910 or even 2010

Well done for that [:D]

No it is still working and they sent me the message on the 7th!!!!

All par for the course though, nothing surprises me in France except competence [6]

I recieved a phone call from the Maire adjoint last week, telling me that following our meeting what he had done to resolve certain issues, he covered all of them, I can honestly say hand on heart that it is the first time in nearly 7 years that someone has said they will get back to me and have actually done so.

Well done for that [:D]

No it is still working and they sent me the message on the 7th!!!!

All par for the course though, nothing surprises me in France except competence [6]

I recieved a phone call from the Maire adjoint last week, telling me that following our meeting what he had done to resolve certain issues, he covered all of them, I can honestly say hand on heart that it is the first time in nearly 7 years that someone has said they will get back to me and have actually done so.