humax hd channels rant

Not sure if any one else has this problem or if there is a solution but...

since the introduction to the new hd channels the order of all the chanels is all mixed up.  what happened to bbc1, 2, itv3, ch4, ch5.

I think ch5 is at position 1, bbc hd is in the middle and itvhd is somewhere at the end with bbc3&4HD at the very end.

The one advantage is that I could never type 200 to get the bbc news as the 2 and the 0 were too far away to the micro second allowed by humax... now bbcnewshd is 212 which is a stoke of luck.

I hardly ever use the channel list as it is.

I selected all our preferred channels in a 'Favourite' list, arranged them in a way that makes sense and use that list 99% of the time.

Menu/Edit Channels/Edit Favourite List

From there, select all the channels you want, move them in whatever order you prefer, then save.

To access, use the OK button, then use the green button to select your Favourite list.

The main SD channels should still be on 101 to 105 (BBC1, BBC2, ITV, C4 & C5).

I believe that some time this year the BBC are going to rearrange their freesat numbering, not sure how though. Hopefully they will then get into some sort of order, closer together. The main SD channels should still be on 101 to 105 though.

By the way, it is not the fault of Humax, but freesat. They (freesat) will not allow any manufacturers to reorder the channels as the EPG is freesat's. So the only thing you can do to customise the main channel list is to delete those that you do not need. I have deleted many of the regional BBC channels, the shopping channels and so on.

Also, sometime next month, or beginning of March a new Astra satellite will enter service (it is currently moving to the location, for testing). Most of the UK public service broadcaster's channels will be moving there. This may affect your reception depending where you are.

Its good to know they will renumber them... It would make sense.

Any news of new satelites on the horizon reveals my pesamistic side.. will it still work..

Fingers crossed that the person renumbering is logical and rational and the satelite navigater has a thought for the s.o. france too ;-)