Orange 3103 messagerie

I find this annoying is there a way to turn this off?

We have an answer machine on our own phone but unanswered calls seem to be directed to 3103 and then when I want to listen to messages I get the usual Orange music so I presume it's a way of clocking up the euros.

This has only been happening for about 3 weeks.

Thanks

There doesn't seem to be any way of turning it off, as in my "espace personnel" options, it is shown as "non résiliable", and I can't see any way to turn it on or off.

I have managed to get my own answer phone to beat the Orange service by shortening the time before it answers to 3 rings, but this often doesn't give me time to get to the phone. However, most nuisance callers hang up when they get the answer message, whereas genuine callers usually begin to leave a message, which I can interrupt by picking up after they start.

If I get a call while I am using the phone the Orange service will answer it, which I can't apparently do anything about.

If it's the same as mine these are the instructions:

To deactivate the voicemail service, dial 3 1 0 3, select option 2

“Customise your message”, then option 4 “Voicemail settings”,

and option 2 “Deactivate the voicemail service”. To reactivate

the voicemail service, dial 3 1 0 3. After the message

“Voicemail is not set up to receive any more calls from your

callers”, press the button #. The service is reactivated.

To set the time before voicemail answers your calls, pick up the   phone and dial * 6 1 0 *,

followed by two numbers representing

the required time in seconds, and then #. For example, enter 3

0 # if you want to wait 30 seconds (equal to around six rings)

before the call is forwarded to your voicemail

Edit: obviously the above will be in French but it should give you the idea.

[quote user="nomoss"]I have managed to get my own answer phone to beat the Orange service by shortening the time before it answers to 3 rings, but this often doesn't give me time to get to the phone.[/quote]You can also turn up the number of rings on Orange to 9 (max) then wind your own answerphone up to say 7 or 8, works for me.

I'm not popular enough to ever get two incoming calls at the same time so no idea if the Orange answer phone would kick in then or not [geek]

Thank you Spyder and AnOther.

Having a strong dislike for punching in numbers in response

to instructions from disembodied voices, I had never listened to the blurb on 3103, which I have only ever dialled when

I have been advised of a message.

I initially turned off the voicemail service as per

Spyder’s instructions, once I managed to decypher the rather rapid

instructions, but have now set it to respond after 8 rings (40 seconds), with

my own answerphone set for 30 seconds, which might give me time to get to the phone. There are three handsets, but they always seem to ring when I am at the maximum distance from all of them

Incidentally, the *610* setting now has to be made in

the number of rings rather than in seconds, despite the instructions on the orange

website to put in seconds http://assistance.orange.fr/messagerie-vocale-3103-regler-le-nombre-de-sonneries-4001.php

Regarding being so popular as to receive more than one call

at a time, this is unfortunately not so, but we occasionally do get other calls

whilst making or receiving long calls to/from our offspring or family overseas.

[quote user="nomoss"]Thank you Spyder and AnOther.

Incidentally, the *610* setting now has to be made in

the number of rings rather than in seconds..................[/quote]

Thank goodness for that, took me ages to get the number of rings right. What idiot thought up the idea of doing it in seconds I wonder?