please help to diagnose what ails our TV

Had an almighty storm yesterday afternoon and, amongst other slight damage, we have lost most of our UK TV signals.

Can now only get BBC 1 Wales, 1 ITV station and no radio.  Sky news remains (we are not Sky subscribers) and, of course, all the digital French TV as normal.

Would that be our set that is ailing rather than anything to do with the storm?

Martin, as the top TV boffin here and if you are about, could I please have your input?

Any other knowledgeable folk out there, svp?

You're not the only one. Winds from the south bringing sand from the Sahara in the atmosphere, a lot of thick cloud about and having an incorrect dish size (even though you may think you have the right size) are more likely to be the cause. Most with 130cm dishes down here have lost a lot of channels. My 150cm dish is a lot better with only 5US and ITVHD suffering from a bit of pixelation.

You may have already tried this, but it often works with daft problems - our son was a TV installation engineer & it was his standard technique!

Just unplug both the TV and the SKY box and wait for a minute or two. Plug everything back in & see what you get.

You never know ..........

[quote user="Gardian"]You may have already tried this, but it often works with daft problems - our son was a TV installation engineer & it was his standard technique!

Just unplug both the TV and the SKY box and wait for a minute or two. Plug everything back in & see what you get.

You never know ..........[/quote]

Yep gets my vote although I increase a minute or two to 10 mins as a rule.