Something wrong with the BBC?

Is there something wrong with the BBC website this morning?

I was listening to Radio 4 at about 0730 when it changed to a message 'Due to rights restrictions, this program is not available in your area'

Then it just stopped!

I've tried 2 different internet connections and a mobile network but still nothing, can't even connect to any BBC site.

Is it just me?

Reported in the Guardian but not much detail:

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/dec/31/bbc-suffers-widespread-outages-taking-website-and-iplayer-offline

By the way, the BBC is not suffering cuts, it is just learning to live reasonably and concentrate on making programmes and not chucking money down the drain on the periphery which includes top heavy management cardes and the rest.

Well, it's got to be very strange for us at the mo. It's a case of now ya see it now ya don't. We have Aunty Beeb set up as our home site and it's on favourites. Sometime we click on it on the favourites and it appears OK and other times it tells us that "the  connection was reset" and to try again.

I have it up on 2 tabs on Firefox at the moment. One of them came up with the BBC site OK and the other with the connection was reset page, it failed. Try it again on the original tab and it's OK. On the failed tab it failed again. Tried again and it's OK [:-))][8-)]

We normally put our MacBook Pro into sleep mode unless it's going to be left for more than a day. We rebooted it today to see if that could be part of the problem, but it made no difference.

Is anyone else still having problems???

Similar problem here, only since the website was DDOS'd, I'm using W10 and either IE11 or Edge and I get a message "Hmm, we can't reach this page" from Edge, or "This page can't be displayed" from IE11, but a refresh then brings it up. Happening with the news and sports pages which are the only two I link to directly.

I wondered if they had somehow slugged it in an attempt to prevent a recurrence of the last trouble, just checking, friend or foe!