Orange needs Flashplayer to listen to messages

Hello All,

I had to replace my old pc due to a virus and have got myself an imac - osx el capitan last november. In the last couple of weeks, everytime I want to read an Orange message I get a message to say flashplayer is needed.

Can someone tell me what I need to do please as I have no idea.

Thank you. Mrs KG

Is the clue contained in your heading "listen to", Mrs KG?

Though in your actual post you say "read".

If you are really trying to play sound, then maybe it does need Flashplayer? Not that I know anything very techie, so I shall no doubt be corrected here soon!

Angela

[quote user="Mrs KG"]Hello All,

I had to replace my old pc due to a virus and have got myself an imac - osx ...[/quote]

All I can add is that a friend with a mac had the same problem and I downloaded the dreaded flashplayer to sort it out for her.

Apparently Orange and macs do not always get on seamlessly, I feel the problem might lie with the Orange software rather than the mac, but you never know.

Sue

'Flash Player is full of bugs and security flaws.'   Agreed.

I can't comment on macs.

However if you are windows/firefox user, flashplayer can be set to 'always ask'

Options (3 horizontal bars - right end of toolbar)

|

v

Add-ons

|

v

Plug-ins

|

v

Flash

|

v

Ask to Activate

You now have the choice whether to allow a site to run flashplayer.

regards

cajal

Thanks to all for the info.

In view of having suffered from a pc bug in 2010 with cost 350 euros for a new hard drive and then a virus last year that led to my decision of buying a new pc I think I will steer clear of Flashplayer and any bugs and just listen via the telephone but thanks again for your imput.

Mrs KG

No, but he did have a huge amount of hair - LOL.

I know apple is not immune from experience but I've used both Microsoft and Apple at work/home and I prefer Apple.

He was the local repairer/orange dealer and the nearest in Bagnoles de l'orne and I needed a repair or replacement quickly. In 2010 my mac pc was just 3 years old so faced with the decision of 350 or 799 I went for the cheaper option. Last year however he was very ill and had to close the store a great shame as he was well known and liked in Bagnoles and so with that it was a 1/2 day trip to Jersey, eyes tested/new glasses ordered, picked up my new pc from IQ that I'd reserved a few days beforehand on the way back to the ferry and even had time for M&S/Waitrose & H&B shopping which was great as their penny sale was on - oh dear I feel I've rambled on a bit!