internet and telephone provider recommendation provider please

Norman it seems you are having a bad time.

I found this :

http://suivi-des-incidents.orange.fr/infos-incident-local-internet-TV-telephone-fixe

but have no idea if it will give you any helpful info.

and this seems to say Orange is having terrible problems at present in the south :

http://www.universfreebox.com/article/19590/MaJ-Panne-du-reseau-Orange-dans-le-sud-de-la-France-certains-abonnes-Free-Mobile-impactes

Edit : cannot make links live on my tablet

Sue

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This :  http://depanner.orange.fr/qualite-reseau-internet-fixe-local

should help.

You will need either your landline number or your 'numéro de ligne de support' if you were given a non-geographic telephone number by SFR when you joined them and decided to keep it when you moved to Sosh.

We decided to keep our SFR number so the nls is needed by Sosh to identify us. For me this number appears automatically in the box on the Sosh site I have given above.

Sue

GRRRRRRR!

I now have had this: all lies.

Vous avez contacté votre service clients Sosh. Un problème de connexion à internet a été identifié.

Un technicien est intervenu à votre domicile.  (NO)

Il a constaté un défaut sur votre installation privative.

La réparation de ce défaut est à votre charge (vous avez refusé le devis proposé ou vous êtes client d'un opérateur tiers). NO

Votre dossier est désormais clos.   !!!!!!

So here I am with no Internet and they allege that it is my fault and I have refused  a non-exsistant devi from a technician ho never came...

After a certain amount of heated exchanges the promised technician turned up. As usual with Orange the chap on the ground was good and helpful and sorted out 3 different faults.

He was also very critical of the Livebox itself saying he has to change them all the time.

Anyway I am back on-line with a better performance so perhaps it was worth the bother...

[URL=http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5644272146][IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/5644272146.png[/IMG][/URL]

I can confirm your suspicion, Norman, I WAS indeed in it up to my neck but have resolved ALMOST everything this evening.

So, what's missing?  My wifi no longer works so in order to send you this post, I am having to sit right next to the livebox and the telephone and the table lamp and perch on a tabouret (best not used the English word or someone will say something rude and my mental state is a bit fragile at the moment).

Thank you, Norman, indeed I know about the security key but it never asked me for it and, when I try to connect via the "aeroplane" symbol, I do not have the choice of my livebox which is livebox 3 FR.

I have the ethernet cable on at the moment and it is MOST inconvenient as the box is in our TV room and I usually use my computer in the bedroom via wifi.

Any advice, please, please, please, as to how I get it to ask me for the security key, that is, what pages I have to access and how I go about it?

You are probably using Windows so I can't help much on the computer itself, apart from saying that for me switching off and on sometimes makes things move...

Is the green Fan-shaped light on the front of the Live box lit up?

There is sometimes a Wifi key on the keyboard you need to switch on...

https://assistance.orange.fr/ordinateurs-peripheriques/installer-et-utiliser/la-connexion-de-votre-ordinateur/wifi/sans-accessoire-supplementaire/windows-7-se-connecter-en-wifi-a-la-livebox_21382-21856

[quote user="mint"]

Any advice, please, please, please, as to how I get it to ask me for the security key, that is, what pages I have to access and how I go about it?

[/quote]

Mint I have left you 2 messages on the number you gave me, but to no obvious avail.

Please ring me on the n° I gave you and I will ring you back to help you out.

Sue

OK, all sorted and I am posting this just so that Norman knows I am back exactly where I wanted to be.

I rang Sue and she talked me through everything and now I am back in my bedroom, happy as Larry, and all life will now resume as before[:D][:D][:D]

[quote user="mint"]OK, all sorted and I am posting this just so that Norman knows I am back exactly where I wanted to be.

I rang Sue and she talked me through everything and now I am back in my bedroom, happy as Larry, and all life will now resume as before[:D][:D][:D]

[/quote]

Brilliant news; welcome back.

Sue

Third day and all remains well[:)]

So, it's time to sign off from SFR.  Norman, I hope you can help me with this as you have recently done this yourself.

I have my password, can get into my espace client fine but I can't find a page where it says I can cancel my contract and ask for my return labels.

So, did you ring customer service?

I was hoping not to have to phone but, if it's the only way.............sigh, so be it!

Mint you can fill this in online and SFR will ring you back : http://www.sfr.fr/resiliation.html

You, or rather Sosh, have already cancelled your contract with SFR so all you are doing, when they ring you, is confirming the cancellation and, no, you don't want to be tempted to change your mind with a better offer from SFR and can you please have a free returns label so you can post back their Neufbox to them.

If you are ready to spell out your email address then SFR will send you a printable label by email. Otherwise they will send you a label through the post. Either way you have a couple of weeks to return the box and contents - cables, adaptateurs etc to them.

You will receive a final bill some time after, including a 45€ leaving charge, which you must pay.

Then you can apply to Sosh to have the 45€ refunded.

Sue

Latest plea for advice, svp.

Sue, I sent your form multiple times as I have had no response of any kind.  So, plucked up courage and gathered up every bit of sense of injustice I have [6] and RANG.

Usual hanging about, tapping of different buttons, spoke to someone who asked me all the questions already on the form you provided.  He then said there was a résiliation team who would deal with this, so more hanging about on the phone.

Eventually, spoke to a man who asked me all the same questions as the man before and told me I had to write a letter par avis recommandé (I remember Norman doing this and you saying that it is no longer necessary) to an address in Arras.

I asked him whether he couldn't just let me have all the info by email and he emphatically said NO, you have to write a letter, requesting the résiliation.

I suppose there is no way of making a raccourci and just sending the equipment back to them (to an address that I hope you would know)?

I guess not but it just grieves me that I have to continue paying for the line until they take whatever time they think they can keep me hanging on for before they eventually accept that their service is no longer needed

[quote user="suein56"]Can you give me a call mint.

I have rung your mobile and left you a message.

Sue

[/quote]

Hi Sue, we have spoken, I have done exactly as you have advised and I have received my labels by email.

Just to be on the safe side [geek], I will photograph all the equipment I am sending back before packing everything up.  This is in case of any argument............

Norman, they can't just take my money, I do NOT pay by prélèvement so they will have to ask nicely.