Splitting a TV signal, advice please.

Currently I run my TV with two satellite boxes off two dishes, for UK TV a Humax satellite box and for French TV an Astrell box.

I would like to run a second TV off this set up, ideally by simply plugging an extra cable into each box. Can it be done this way? Would the signal deteriorate?

Thanks.

You can use a splitter but you will reduce the signal strength by more than 50% to each box (not a good idea as the UK signals are already weak in France) but more importantly, one box will take control of the LNB feed as different programme channels use different bands and polarisation so there will be a lot of limitations on simultaneous programmes you could watch.

You should really install a quad output LNB and run two new cables from it to your additional boxes.

pomme wrote : You should really install a quad output LNB and run two new cables from it to your additional boxes.

Can only agree .. splitting the signal is a real no no .. perhaps not as important where you are Wooly as it is for anyone further south than you.

Separate LNBs and extra, good quality, cabling is the way to go.