badly mistreated dog in Percy (50)

I will not go into details but its horrendous and I need both constructive advice and help.  That is why this posting and hopefully that Christine Animal reads us and sends me a pm and we can then exchange ideas and telephone numbers.  Please believe me its horrific and just sickens me to my heart.

Russethouse posted it on another thread.  I just copied and pasted it here...  Hope she doesn't mind.

You have to upload the image first - try http://photobucket.com/sitemap.php

When you have uploaded it, edit to 50% (you get the option in photobucket) then copy the IMG code and paste here, but you only see if it has worked when you post, not in preview.

Good Luck !

Here he is...

[IMG]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a269/lavande/NeglecteddoginPercy.jpg[/IMG]

I shall try to give you a call a bit later, once the postman has been (otherwise I won't hear anything!).  You are in 50, which SPA did you contact?

He is ADORABLE !  Even if he is in bad shape.  Could he have been lost?  Abandoned?  Is he friendly?  Are you going to keep him?  Will you be able to clean him up or are you going to take him somewhere?  Poor thing.  He looks so cute.

Lori he belongs if that is the word to an elderly couple who live in an immaculate house but with the dog chained up outside in all winds and weather and when he or she goes to the loo the lady of the house again if that is the descriptive word comes out and throws water all over the area and the dog.  I have been there and had a mouthful but gave one back and in no uncertain terms.

If we can get it back then we will have it and look after it with our other dogs.  Fact.

However to get it back a problem but Christine and ourselves are working on it.

rdgs

That is HORRIBLE !  Why does she have the dog if she doesn't want to care for him?  Will she allow you to take him?  It doesn't appear that she wants him.  Will she allow you to clean him up, perhaps wash him and give him a trim so the mud doesn't have to much fur to stick to?  Though this could require taking him to a groomer as the weather is colder now for outdoor bathing.  Is this "woman" mean to you?  Will she let you unleash the poor thing and play with him a bit?

Surely this type of bad treatment is illegal here??? 

Could you offer to make or provide a shelter for it?

Perhaps it's the photo but it just looks to me like a wet shaggy dog rather than an undernourished/ mangey one.

If you succeed in getting that dog, might they not just go out and get another?

Education rather than confrontation may be the best route.

You are quite right Beryl.  These situations are always delicate as if there is confrontation, the dogs often "disappear".  Maybe here it is not deliberate cruelty, but ignorance and/or madness.  I don't know much about it yet and am unfortunately not in the area to try any discussion with the owners, but we are going to try a "soft" approach.

Dear Beryl my wife and I have condemned each other for we have sat around and just watched this for some months.  I have been there and the guy is a bit how can one say not with us so that might be the problem.  However the house is immaticulate so that too might be the problem.

Christine on our behalf is going to approach the owners for if we get it back then we will give it a good home and make sure its safe and secure.  Also Christine hopefully and kindly will offer them a sum of money (from my wife and I) to take the dog off their hands.  Let us see if that does the trick.

Will keep you posted.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes there is in that the dog has unfortunately disappeared.  There have been sightings so I am told and I am also told that the dog is apparently safe and well.  I cannot confirm or deny anything but will update the forum when I know.

However my source is somewhat impeccable and I think I will rely upon the fact that the dog is safe and well.  All I need now is a veil and a crystal ball and I might be able to tell you where the dog is but of course I do not know.