Desperate

Perhaps Clair or Christine or one of the other native or fluent French speakers could find you a matter-of-fact French information sheet from the web briefly describing the benefits for the animals of neutering and you could use it as a basis for your next discussion. It bewilders me that someone should feel allowing frequent litters with dubious outcomes for at least half the litter - quite apart from exhausting the mother over time - should be preferable to one simple op for the cats but I suspect only an authoritive briefing sheet by a French organisation, veterinary service or whatever will sway his opinion. I admire your persistence in this, btw. [8-|]

I admire your persistence as well Monika. Very sad about the other kittens [:(]. I can't help but believe this is all a put on by your neighbours because anyone with the slightest intelligence would know what is cruel and what isn't. Sounds like a cop out to me.  I do hope it works out and they do work with you in the end. Best of luck.

Thank you Catalpa and WJT, I think that is an excellent idea about a French Fact Sheet about Neutering cats, I could send it to him without commenting much further. Any help in getting one would be much appreciated, while I will try and surf the Web for it as well.