Pretty little Dog needs a Home

[IMG]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a269/lavande/Mutley.jpg[/IMG]

Little Mutley's owners are returning to the UK and cannot take him with them.  He is something like a Westie/Coton, very sweet.

He is two and a half years old, chipped and vaccinated.

Mutley can be seen south Deux-Sèvres, near Sauzé Vaussais.

So has Mutley been rehomed???. Hubby and myself keep taking a peek at him, he is sooooo adorable. We already have a rescue dog, Sophie from S.P.A  near Cognac, but there could always be room for one more, specialy when there are Mutleys about [:D]

No he hasn't been rehomed yet, they were a bit wary of how he might be with their thirteen year old cat, though we don't really know how he is with cats yet.  He has been messed about a bit lately (several changes) so is a little unsure of himself and needs some patience.  Please pm me your phone number if you would like to know more.

Not a pop at Mutley's owners as there may be extenuating circumstances of which I am not aware .     BUT, how sad that so many dogs are re-homed because there owners can't/won't take them with them.  I've been divorced, been terribly poor, changed countries, had to go to work and leave the dogs, lived in a flat  and loads of the other reasons that people give for giving up their dogs and have never felt the need to part with my dog .  I know circumstances do change but can everyone who has  already got a dog please think about this and arrange for it to have a passport if necessary and find a dog sitter/boarding kennels for emergencies,  so that you don't find yourself in the same position as Mutley's owners.    If you are thinking of getting a dog - remember you owe it to him to try at all costs to keep him - please don't get one if when the going gets a bit tough he is going to be the first thing to go.

Cerise

i agree with you. i don't want to "have a go" but I find it so disapointing when this happens. I know animals aren't the same as children BUT they almost are to the point that I would go to the back of beyond to keep my pet.  i remember one day my dog ran off  the day before our annual holiday and we all agreed we could not go in case he came back when we had left so we lost the whole holiday and the following day he was brought back by the local dog warden.  We still love him, he's part of the family and gets treated the same as every one else.

[quote user="bakerino"]

Cerise

i agree with you. i don't want to "have a go" but I find it so disapointing when this happens. I know animals aren't the same as children BUT they almost are to the point that I would go to the back of beyond to keep my pet.  i remember one day my dog ran off  the day before our annual holiday and we all agreed we could not go in case he came back when we had left so we lost the whole holiday and the following day he was brought back by the local dog warden.  We still love him, he's part of the family and gets treated the same as every one else.

[/quote]

Yes, I know what you mean,  many years ago a friend of my ex visited us along with a enchanting little young corgi.  He said (completely without shame) that unfortunately the dog would be put to sleep soon as they would be going on their annual hols.  His kids he said preferred puppies anyway and so they always got a new one when they came home every year.  I threw him out of the house screaming abuse like a fishwife out in the street.  As far as I know he is still alive today but I was very young and inexperienced then,  if it happened today he would not be so lucky.[6][:@]

• 1 month later...

Great. He's such a cutie.

Christine, did anyone ever take the dog that you photographed sitting in the back of your car, with his tongue sticking out?

Sorry, I can't remember the name, but I nearly had Mr T tempted with that one, then he dug his heels in.[:(]

[IMG]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a269/lavande/Uppercut2.jpg[/IMG]              [IMG]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a269/lavande/Cachou2.jpg[/IMG]

Uppercut ?                                                                                         Cachou

I'll try again tomorrow then.

We have never had a dog, but I'm sure there are books, and everyone here would help?

We've got a cat though. Would that suit him?

Either way, I'm glad we have had the chance to remind people about him.

Ooops, I misread your post. He has a home.

Christine, I didn't even realise he was a poodle. I thought he looked lovely just as he was.

Was there another one that had been really badly treated, a while ago? I'm really fighting an uphill battle here, but once Mr T gives in, he is besotted for life.

He and Bobby (the mad, stray, wild, brutalised cat) are inseparable now, and he always said no more pets.[;-)]

Hello Tresco! I too am always tempted with these posts but our two aged cats would never ajust to a dog, it would not be fair! I was tempted a while ago with an offer from a couple who were parting with two cockers and I had a word with the English vet about it. He said it would not be an easy process getting them to accept the dogs and he did not advise it as they are so old! What he did go on to say was that two cats will accept a puppy more readily than one as they have each other and thus feel they are not so much threatened by a canine interloper!

Bobby is only 3ish. He isn't too impressed by dogs that visit with people, but he doesn't react very badly. He's just not polite.

I will start considering the implications of this, along with all the others.[:)] I'll start by quizzing Mr T, as to whether the possibility of Bobbys nose being put out of joint is why he's  resisting.