caravan insurance - help!

We will be completing on our house in July and plan to leave our touring caravan next to the cottage whilst we complete the internal renovations. At present, it is insured with the caravan club, but they tell me that they cannot insure it whilst it is France. Is there anybody who has been in this situation, and could perhaps help with a name of a reputable insurer? We envisage the caravan being abroad for approximately 18 months. Grateful for any info.

Thanks

Bonnie

Bonnie

If the van is of British origin, you will not be able to insure the caravan for going on to the road. To be able to do that you must get the caravan through a controle technique.

When you have the CT, you simply take it to your insurers and they will take note that you have a caravan with a CT and "upgrade" your insurance to be able to tow your van. It is free, well it is with our insurers, Aviva. You will need to talk to your insurers for cover soley for the van though (theft, damage etc)

Go to search and type in Caravan for more info. Not sure if it is worth insuring for leaving on your property unless it is of value, if it is, then as I said, you will have to ask your insurers for help I think.

Miki

Are you planning on living in france or making regular visits from the UK to renovate your house? If you will be still in the uk ,then I would recomend our caravan insurers who are very helpfulland with nore favourable rates than the CC;
Bakers of cheltenham tel 01242 528844,we kept our caravan in france for 5 years under their ins .