Help! Need a good home asap for a loving German Shepherd

Hi,

We are looking for a good home (Paris area) for our male German Shepherd, Val. We are moving, and unfortunately we have just found out it is impossible to take him with us.

He is a beautiful 7-year old purebed German Shepherd (came with us from the States), black-and-tan color. He is well-trained, affectionate with his family, good with kids, and used to either apartment or house living. He's in very good health (including X-rayed for displasia and his hips & elbows are excellent). Loves balls & going on long walks.

He is vaccinated, has an electronic ID and a up-to-date European pet passport.

Any ideas? We need to find him a loving home asap.

Jo

We are just about to leave for Paris to collect  Val, the GSD.  The owners have the movers in today so poor old thing will be a bit stressed I think but I am sure he will settle OK.  

He has already been officially declared an honorary Great Dane on my favourite Great Dane forum.[:D]

[quote user="Megan le Fey"]We are just about to leave for Paris to collect  Val, the GSD.  The owners have the movers in today so poor old thing will be a bit stressed I think but I am sure he will settle OK.  

He has already been officially declared an honorary Great Dane on my favourite Great Dane forum.[:D]

[/quote]

Absolutely brilliant news. Well done; hope all goes well. He looks really earnest and full of devotion.

Sue [:)]

Megan - I did read your post about the loss of your Dane and was going to reply that you can find dogs with passports on this Forum but thought that it was a bit insensitive.  Last autumn, we rescued a passported dog from this Forum and he is sitting at my feet as I type.

The first week or so is always difficult for a dog to adjust, especially if they are coming from a loving home.  So good luck with the sleepless nights etc.  Due to your circumstances, you yourself need a lot of tender loving care and I am sure that Val will help, once he has settled.  Let us know how you get on.

Hallo everyone,

We're back, all three of us, safe & sound but I am knac****d.  We all three slept last night in the smallest double hotel room I have ever seen and it was sooooo hot with not even a fan let alone AC.  Poor old Val, who has a really thick coat, just couldn't sleep and huffed and puffed all night.  I took him out walking the streets of Saint Cloud 4 times in the middle of the night but eventually, around 4 a.m. we all got some sleep but were on our way home at about 7.30 to miss the worst of the traffic. 

Unfortunately, the passport turned out to be pretty much of a non-starter, no blood test etc. so a lot of work coming  to sort that out but from the moment I met him I was his and no way was I leaving without him.[:D]

As well as being a real good-looker, he is nicely trained, has beautiful manners and is indeed a lovely and loving boy, though I have been warned that he is an escape artist  and will open any unlocked gate or door and not good with cats.  I think Utopie would be pleased.

[IMG]http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h15/miggimeggi/Vals%20early%20days/IMGP1957.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h15/miggimeggi/Vals%20early%20days/IMGP1964.jpg[/IMG]

Just may put my head down for an hour before I start on dinner.

[quote user="wallifer"]He's certainly a handsome chap [:)] bit naughty about the Passport but I'm wishing you a lot of happy years together [:D][:D][/quote]

Isn't he just gorgeous and he must have been really well loved by Jo and her family, he is so self-confident and outgoing.  It is indeed a nuisance about the passport but Jo is from the USA and a blood test is not required to enter there and I have just found out that it is not required for the rest of Europe either, just the UK, so I guess it was a misunderstanding.  I am just going to have to get onto it really quickly to be sure it is sorted in the best possible time  'cause if he ain't going, I ain't going either.[:D]

PS  This is all Dog's fault for suggesting that I keep the leftover dog food and get a dog instead.[:D] [:D]It made me think.

What a very proud looking boy. You are so lucky, he is a magnificent looking dog. Yes, well  done Dog , you did a good job planting the seed into Anne's mind and I am sure she will be eternally thankful for that.  We are down to one dog now and OH is still saying No More Dogs but watch this space. [:)]

• 2 weeks later...