Beautiful Tricolor Shetland Sheepdog - Free to a good home

I am very pleased to say that it looks like Abby Rose is going to have a lovely home with a lovely retired couple.  She is going on Sunday to see if she settles and if so will have a super life for the rest of her days.  I spoke to her owner today who is incredibly grateful and also very sad for these last few days will be hard for him as it has not been an easy decision for him.  He knows she will be very happy with these kind and caring people but it is going to be quite a wrench for him.  Life gives us some very tough decisions but there is no way he would have left till he had found the right home for Abby Rose.  Hopefully we have done that.

Ok, she has gone. Arrived mid morning, she clearly knew something was going on (the fact my other dog didn't come on the long trip was probably a give away).

Bit nervous at first, but she was soon following her new owner around, and I have no doubt that she will settle in fine.

Very sad, but very relieved that she has gone to a good home. And very happy that she will finally be number 1 doggie in a household where she gets ALL the attention.

Thanks again Merlin. Donation on its way.

That's wonderful news Richard - I thought about the visit a lot today and had my fingers crossed!  The donation that Richard is very kindly giving is for the Hope Association (not me!) without whom we may never have found these kind people who took Abby Rose into their home.  I am sure they will keep us updated as to how she is getting on but I have little doubt that she is going to have a wonderful life with these folks.  Great news!

They invited me back to see how she's getting on before I leave for the US, but I'm in two minds.

I'd love to see her again, but I think it may be too unsettling for her.

As the saying goes, best let sleeping dogs lie.

But they're setting up a facebook account for her, and I'll be able to see pics and updates there, which will be fine I think.

[quote user="Mr Coeur de Lion"]... they're setting up a facebook account for her, and I'll be able to see pics and updates there, which will be fine I think.[/quote]

Great news.

Plus IMO that is one thoughtful and with-it retired couple; sounds as though Abby Rose will be fine.

In time you will be too ... knowing she is more-than-OK.

Sue [:)]

Hi friends, Thanks for sharing some awesome information which is useful to me. I am glad to know this, In my opinion sheepdog is very beautiful with full of tricolor.

Good Luck

[url=http://www.msdsauthoringservices.com]msds

authoring services [/url]

Richard

Being completely selfish about things, and bearing in mind there are lots of other dogs needing homes, is it possible for you to ask any of these people if they would take a dog other than Abby Rose?

So sorry to hear about your other dog. Heartbreaking. Even talking about losing my little beagle makes my eyes fill up and my voice crack all these months later, despite having adopted 2 new dogs since then...