Dog Sitters / Boarding Kennels

Annabell

My Husband and I are thinking of working a ski season in the French Alps for 4 months to tide us over through the winter.
We have two labradors and two kittens that will need looking after.
Does anybody know of kennels in the 50,53,35 area which would be willing to take them on for so long or are there any pet lovers out there who would like some company in the winter months.
Obviously our best solution would be to take them with us, but its not allowed I'm afraid.
Thank you in advance.

Anne, If you're going down to the Alps why not spread the net a bit further and see if there is anyone on your route that could give you a good deal. Possibly even somewhere near to where you will be working, then you could go and visit them!

Coco

• 2 weeks later...

[quote]Anne, If you're going down to the Alps why not spread the net a bit further and see if there is anyone on your route that could give you a good deal. Possibly even somewhere near to where you will be...[/quote]

On the face of it this sounds like a good idea but I would consider a couple of things.

Firstly, if you're looking for kennels via the internet and find some for the region that you are going to stay, you will probably need to book well in advance for that period of time which means you may not be able to inspect the kennels personally before you leave the animals there.

Secondly, animals quite often get distressed and confused if their owners come to visit them during a kennel stay. They obviously can't understand why they can't go home again when you leave.

I would always insist on owners checking out our kennels before they leave their animals, so they know exactly where they will be staying etc., and although it may sound harsh I discourage owners from visiting their pets whilst here as it really can cause distress once they leave again.

Anne, I hope our revised rates were of interest to you, but I fully understand if you want to try and find somewhere nearer to where you will be staying.

Good luck

Emma

[quote]My Husband and I are thinking of working a ski season in the French Alps for 4 months to tide us over through the winter. We have two labradors and two kittens that will need looking after. Does anybo...[/quote]

We know someone who might be able to dog and cat sit. Do you particularly want your pets to go boarding or could someone possible stay in their own house and look after them??