Dont you just love this Ad

Pads

The French seem to have a much more tolerant attitude to dogs in shops, restaurants etc than I ever experienced in the UK. I was invited to take my dog into an art gallery after I left her outside - she enjoyed a very cultural experience! I've also seen small dogs in shopping trolleys in Intermarché on several occasions. Nobody took the least bit of notice. Don't know about banks though.

Re taking dogs into banks, I was in our small local branch of Credit Agricole a few weeks ago when an English lady (who has been living in France for years, is married to a Frenchman and of course speaks fluent French) came in with her dog on a lead. I spoke to her and patted her dog. Nobody else took any notice so probably best to just try it yourself (rather than ask first, as they may then say no!) and see what happens! I've certainly not seen any signs on the doors of banks indicating that dogs (guide dogs excepted) aren't allowed.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote user="sackville"]For some reason I thought that the place where the dog was unhappy was a vets. I have seen this many times. It seems to be a combination of the slippery floor and the smell of vets (like me and the smell of hospitals)[/quote]

Yes, I have seen this ad many times too because I live in UK.  However, I think it is a wonderful idea to put the best UK ads on the forum to share with those in France.  Twinkle came home to Wales at christmas and adored the Cadbury gorilla advert, which had be broadcast for 6 months.  I was sick of it by then but I think she loved it so much, she posted it on the forum to share.

There is a really awful 'advert' out at the moment.  I have tried to post it on the forum but cannot find it at the moment.  It advertises army recruitment.  It shows an Iraqi man in an army hospital with his identity hidden.  He speaks his story as to why he has been hospitalised and, goes on to say how wonderful the British Army Medics are in treating him.

Do people really fall for this kind of propaganda these days? 

My husband as part of his job, has had to travel to Iraq on numerous occasions.  The work of the army medics is no propaganda whether it is used in an "advert" or not. All in need are treated without favour.

[quote user="Just Katie"]

There is a really awful 'advert' out at the moment.  I have tried to post it on the forum but cannot find it at the moment.  It advertises army recruitment.  It shows an Iraqi man in an army hospital with his identity hidden.  He speaks his story as to why he has been hospitalised and, goes on to say how wonderful the British Army Medics are in treating him.

Do people really fall for this kind of propaganda these days? 

[/quote]

Propaganda implies lies, there are no lies used. What makes you think that the RAMC would discriminate in the treatment of ANY injured party ?

I never implied that the armys medics would discriminate against anyone.  I just think that it is a bit ironic that that although Saddam was a tyrant and much blood was spilled under his leadership, things are much worse since the invasion.  I think the fact that this campaign is painting such a wonder picture of our medics, who are no doubt doing a wonderful job treating people,  people who have been injured as a result of the invasion, is without doubt propaganda.