Ladies & Gentlemen, introducing .......Ellie!!

ali-cat

The newest member of the "ali-cat family" has been home for 8 days now.  After finding her on the main road (we presume having been hit by a car) she has settled in & is running rings round us & driving our other two cats mad!! [:D]

She has had her tail amputated & still has no movement or feeling in her left back leg which, when she walks, is dragged behind her.  She goes back to the vet in one month to have the pin removed & the final decision will be made if the leg will need to be amputated or not. [:(] 

She is really adorable & loving - but like most kittens has the psycho, vicious streak as well - Mr Cat's hand is shredded!!

[IMG]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e332/Livingstone_Mark/FluffyLegs.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e332/Livingstone_Mark/Elli.jpg[/IMG]

I had been wondering, waiting for news.  Isn't she lovely, the first photo's great.  Cats with a bobtail have a special look about them.  I recently rescued a Siamese from Niort with a short tail and the only bit he had was where he had been injured, probably bitten. 

I do hope all goes well for her left leg.  Look forward to more photos Ali.   [:)]

[quote user="WJT"]she will easily learn to cope I would imagine.[/quote]

Learn to cope!!  In the last day she has discovered how to .... scale the sofa, climb up & down the stairs & how to pounce out from under my coat on the coat stand & attach herself to our legs!!  To say she's coming along in leaps & bounds would be the under-statement of the year!! [:-))]

Unfortunately, she's doing all this on just three legs so we have had to start giving her more physio, on the bad leg, to try to encourage her to use it.  All it's doing, so far, is encouraging her to sink her teeth, as far as possible, into our hands!!

Thank you valB & mandycats for such a lovely welcome & comments about our new baby!!  Twinks!!  Please don't worry about her being embarrassed by her state of undress - nothing would embarrass this young lady - she's shameless!! [:-))]

We had a bit of a scare last night - her bad hip puffed up, so we took her to the vet today.  It turned out to be just a little build up of fluid & nothing serious, once more demonstrating that we are over-anxious parents!!  What we did get though was some very good news!!  The vet thinks the reason she still isn't using her left leg is because she has a trapped nerve & she should have full mobility within 3-4 months of getting the pin out!!  We really hope that is the case as I'm sure life would be a lot easier for her with 4 legs!!

Funnily enough - it's exactly the same diagnosis I got before Christmas, when I lost the feeling & movement in my left leg - & it's now it's virtually 100% better!!

A couple of photos - the first will give you an idea of what a little minx she is & one we took tonight (as you can see she's recovered fully from her vet visit!)  [:D] I know I'm biased - but isn't she just gorgeous?!!

[IMG]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e332/Livingstone_Mark/Trouble.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e332/Livingstone_Mark/Ellie2.jpg[/IMG]

Oh - butter wouldn't melt comes to mind - but obviously you know different.

Have to tell you that a friends cat got knocked down, last year, was rushed to the vets who said he could do something if they wanted him to, but it might not work as there was a lot of internal damage as well.  So lots of Euros later, shaved to look like it was wearing a 60's furry waistcoat and pins in both hips, said cat came home.  Within minutes moggy tried to jump onto his favourite chair and one of the pins popped straight through his skin.  Back to the vets.

Good news is, his fur has grown back completely, he moves like nothing has happened, and is up to all sorts of mischief.  So I'm sure little Ellie will be back on all fours before long with all your loving care and attention.

You are truly very kind people.

Hugs all round and a tickle for Ellie.

[quote user="Pads"]

what do the other cats think ? 

[/quote]

Penny is still avoiding her as much as possible & has a little growl every once in a while, but there is absolutely no fighting or biting between them & they will sit on the sofa together - albeit at opposite sides!!. 

Solomon ..... poor Solly!!  Ellie absolutely adores him.  She follows him everywhere - up & down the stairs, round & round the kitchen, in & out of the bedrooms - it is hilarious to watch but she is driving him mad!  Thankfully he is very good with her - having little nose to nose sniffs & even the odd lick etc. but it must be like having a mini stalker so eventually he retreats to the one place she can't get ... on top of the kitchen work-tops.  He will sit there for hours (with her 3 foot below him, gazing up lovingly) with a look of despair on his face.  As far as Ellie is concerned "SOLLY ROCKS!!" [:D]