Purple Spray

alleycat

Hi - does anyone know what the equivalent is over here?  Mostly for equestrian use but also an invaluable first aid must for the farmyard first aid kit, especially for hens if they have an open wound that would present problems from pecking.  I have not seen it in the usual farm shops and veterinary supplies but would like to avoid having to source if from the UK - it's such a palava.  Same goes for wound power, another very good standby to keep in.  Many thanks.

Thanks for the info.  I would really prefer to get it here as Farmway charge over the top for this item even by UK standards and then take forever to give you a figure for posting to France - as indeed do three other places I have tried who say they post overseas but actually make such a big deal out of it, I gave up - hence my post.  Kind of feel that now life is here permanently, I should make the effort to buy as the French do unless it's totally useless.  Have to get over wanting to resort to familiar brand names when ones here might actually be better.  I am quite sure that farmers use a version of Purple spray here as it's basic, simple, very efficient and shouldn't cost a lot - just up most farmers' streets I guess!  Enjoy this nice weather.

Purple spray worked on the feet of our flock of Jacobs in Wales. Never seen any other colour.

In Wales, during lambing, purple spray 'overspray' on your hands was an almost guaranteed ''go to the front of the queue'' in the local supermarkets because everyone knew you were busy.