Cats - aren't they fun?

londoneye

thought I would share this with you.

Day before yesterday (already a slightly traumatic day for other reasons), our cat went missing. When I say went missing, we hadn't seen him for two hours.

That's a long time for our cat. He is 9 now and he just doesn't do that - he invariably comes in once an hour to check we are still there ready and waiting to fulfil his every whim.

We started searching - worst bits first - the road, the verges (feeling sick), nothing. Next down the road to where the nasty dogs are (feeling even more sick) - nothing. Into neighbours garden, nope, all round the hedges of our garden, all around our outbuildings. Nope.

Half an hour later - repeat procedure.

Third time around, now seriously worried I her a faint noise from the derelict (or fairly derelict) bread oven.

Go in, call him - yes I'm here .. Where though, just couldn't find him. eventually I see this little nose poking out of the slit of the oven door (long since blocked up).

That's right he has 'fallen' or more likely 'slithered' down the chimney.

Two hours later, most of chimney dismantled by fuming OH (who has not had a good day so far) the little s**t is eventually retrieved none the worse for wear - dirty, VERY cross but unharmed.

And I honestly thought he was past all that behaviour. Just goes to show ..

Still good outcome in the end !

Yes they are, and they look so sweet and innocent most of the time.  You just wouldn't guess what they're capable of, would you?  I took this of one of our little scamps a couple of moments ago.  She just has to squeek at Mr C and he feeds her.  We lost her the other day and discovered her in the car the next morning. 

[IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/cooperlola/P1000555-1.jpg[/IMG]

that is so funny because that would be the first place we look. Every morning Little S as we call him (fondly) strolls over to car and stands there raising merry hell until we open the door and let him in. He then sleeps there (unless he is AWOL like Saturday) all day ..

Still, one good thing which came out of it - two things actually - one of course that the cat was fine. The other was that the problems with gendamerie paled into insignificance - losing the cat would be so much worse than having to change a driving licence etc, so we are a bit more chilled out about it now.

Cat looks gorgeous by the way !