Year Round Touring Caravan Sites?

Having failed in earlier efforts to find a year round 'static', in lieu of bricks and mortar, I plan to travel in my caravan throughout France this coming year seeking,as many before,something more permanent.

However,like many 'static'sites the touring sites betwixt, say Calais, and the very South of France tend to close from mid-September till April or later. Would be grateful if anyone can advise of sites that are open, either private or municipal, to say South West France /Spanish Borders or Central areas ie Limousin, Auvergne or Burgundy.

Can you assist please??

When I had my campervan I always used the Caravan Club French sites book. As well as giving opening and closing dates, the book gives a short site description, noting good and bad points, and a 'how to get there' from a major road. The book served me well for the many years that I used the camper. Because it is based on members reports, there is no commercial bias in the book. If you don't want to join, perhaps you could get a member to sell last years copy!!

MikeW

Most of the French municipal caravan sites around largish towns and cities stay open all year. This is to allow workers from other parts of France to have cheap accomodation. They are usually well equipped with good electricity connections and hot showers. Almost all towns of size and cities have one and they are usually well signed to find them. They are also listed in the Michelin guide to caravan sites.

[quote]Having failed in earlier efforts to find a year round 'static', in lieu of bricks and mortar, I plan to travel in my caravan throughout France this coming year seeking,as many before,something more pe...[/quote]

We have just bought a new mobile home just outside Apremont in the Vendee. The site is open all year.

We still have our `van,dont use it much now we live in france.For 10 years or so we toured mainly in the south by the sea,for the last 3/4yrs we stored the`van near vias in dept 11.A word of warnning you dont say if your caravan is a twin axle,if so read the guides proper because some sites will not admit them,and also we found although the sites where listed as open all year when we arrivded many were closed.