Monday

JSA Aude

Just wondering if anyone knows what is happening re college on Monday.  Son came home yesterday saying the teachers, therefore the pupils are faire le pont, in otherwords going to make a long weekend of it as Tuesday is a bank holiday.  Hopeless trying to phone vie scholaire as have tried before for the greve and had no joy.  Thanks, Sue.

I work in a collège and we are definitely not having Monday off, if we were, we would have to replace it at another time.  You should certainly telephone la vie scolaire if you are in any doubt, unlike for a strike, they will have no trouble telling you what is going on.  Have you checked your son's carnet de correspondance?  He should have a note written in or stuck in, although sometimes they don't stick the notes in, in my school we stand over them with glue, but I think we have particularly unreliable kids!  I'd be extremly surprised if they weren't working on the Monday, because it is the same thing next week, and it would be really difficult to replace all the hours.  Are you sure your son is not getting mixed up, perhaps some of his school friends parents are taking his friends away for the weekend?  I know I'll be down a few pupils on Monday.  Incidentally, I am not in the Aude, but in Lyon, what seems to be happening in a number of schools is that people are doing l'ascension, so we have worked a Wednesday afternoon and are working this Saturday morning to replace the Friday.  This is the case for a couple of friends who work in collèges and also for my husband's lycée.