Dont be fooled

Krill

Dont be fooled by some of the postingson here, if you want to register your U.K Peugeot here you WILL need a cert of conformity from Peugeot and it WONT be free, new car 180 euros older one 108 euros, did it this week

True Krill.

ALL postings should only ever be taken as 'one person's experience dealing with one particular thing in one particular departmant on one particular day...'

It really depends on who you get, if they had a good lunch, do they want a coffee, the particular Prefecture, all kinds of different variables.

In fact, when you look at all the variables when it comes to French Administration, the Lottery looks like a sure thing!

That must be new then, because I got one for my Peugeot a few months ago and it cost me nothing. Maybe it's only Peugeot in France that charge, because I requested mine from their UK head office.

Either that or they've slapped a charge on them because other manufacturers have.

[quote]Dont be fooled by some of the postingson here, if you want to register your U.K Peugeot here you WILL need a cert of conformity from Peugeot and it WONT be free, new car 180 euros older one 108 eu...[/quote]

With due respect, the first sentence of your posting just about sums it up. You will no doubt see from the other postings that your interpretation is somewhat different from other peoples experiences.

When you have lived here a few years you will realise that one persons experience is quite different from what can really occur in a neighbouring (or even the same) department.

Kazanton is closer to the truth, it's often just how you communicate or "get on" with the person the other side of the counter which makes the difference.

Ask ten French fonctionaires the same question and you will be guarranteed to get ten different answers.

regards,

Paul

[quote]Dont be fooled by some of the postingson here, if you want to register your U.K Peugeot here you WILL need a cert of conformity from Peugeot and it WONT be free, new car 180 euros older one 108 eu...[/quote]

I don't know if Peugeot is the same as Renault, but I was told by the Renault main dealer here that there is a European wide certfiicate of conformity in the front of the handbook of all new cars made in the EU since about 1998, as I had a pre 1998 car I could not check this out and now have a used French car without a Handbook. 

I found this in google :all new cars bought in Europe come with a document called a Certificate of Conformity and it means the car is legal throughout Europe.

If this is true , this means that you do not have to apply to the manufacturer for a certificate for such vehicles you already have one.

[quote]With due respect, the first sentence of your posting just about sums it up. You will no doubt see from the other postings that your interpretation is somewhat different from other peoples experiences....[/quote]

Sorry but I cant agree, I wrot a very polite letter to Peugeot in French and enclosed an SAE, they still wanted paying what I consider to be a large sum for a small piece of paper and if you think you can sweet talk the people at the Prefectures office then be my guest, As for the other comment I have lived here for 6 years now, wonder how long it will take to realise things are different?

Wouldn't it be great if the words "In my experience..." came up automatically in the 'post new topic' or 'post reply' boxes.

Thanks for your experience which adds to the debate. I have to add though that we wrote to Peugeot France, nicely, in French (using wording given by our Peugeot dealer) and got a CofC back at no charge. It may have made a difference that the car was LHD, French, albeit UK registered. And I know that because it had been French registered before it shouldn't have needed a CofC but no amount of sweet talking at the prefecture could change the fact that they wanted one or a DRIRE attestation. That was our experience...