March 2007

Jc

New

Why bother post in this way - just a negative  response that helps nobody on this forum and serves to discourage those who wnnt to diseminate information.

Is it just to run up yor post count or are you a member of the 'thought police'.

You need to get out more.

Orion

OK guys, I take your point.

It was a very brief piece of information and I gave a brief reply.

Perhaps we could have a further explanation of this forthcoming exchange of registration details? I still can't see how it would affect us.

No, I'm not interested in clocking up my 'post count', and I only look at the forum in between my frequent trips to the outside world. [:)]

I find the forum VERY useful; for me particularly the Renovations threads and it has provided much useful information. I'm not so interested in messages from the "pc thought-police".

I'd assumed they already did.[*-)]

Two years ago, I backed into what I THOUGHT was a concrete bollard when attempting a three point. Got out, looked at said bollard, thought it was to stop lorries/gypsys, looked at car, swore, and continued.

Four weeks later, returned to French property from campsite in Dordogne, to find request to present self at local Gendarmerie.

On doing so, they informed me that the "bollard" was the base of a sign which I had broken. I hadn't seen any sign, nor had my son. I made reparations with the sign's owner, and all was well.

But I STILL don't know how they traced me to my French property 10 miles from the accident, and out in the wilds................[*-)][*-)]

Alcazar

[quote user="Jc"]Either you were seen or there was "CCTV".When I posted the info originally,that was all it was,info.No ulterior motives;I thought some people might be interested,nothing more.[/quote]

OK, but that doesn't explain how the local Gendarmes found my French property, when the car is registered to a UK address? And we alternate which car we take to France, (one's a diesel Xantia, so cheap to use, the other's a modded Impreza with 320bhp, so more fun to drive, but boy, does it drink super unleaded), so I can't see the vehicle being well known. Nor have I ever been "controlled".

Alcazar