60, 80, 90 lorry stickers

Dc

Why has this thread atracted more than the usual  set of daft answers?  I suspect the original poster is already posting on FE as we speak[:'(]

In truth articulated lorries are limited to 90 kph they cannot physically go any faster as most of us have found when one gets in the outside lane when one is trying to pass another over which it has 1/10 kph more speed for miles on the Autoroutes.  There is no evidence of lorries exceeding speed limits any more than roque Brits in MOT failures who are only able to get up any speed because their tax disc holder has fallen off[:)]

I suspect the original poster wanted an answer which is these are the  maximum speeds for the type of vehicle on Route National  dual carriageways and Autoroutes ,  60,  80  90 respectively.. Some non articulated lorries have 60,  90,  110,

My personal experience tells me that lorries often go faster than the speed limit. On a rocade near us they reduced the speed limit to 90 for all vehicules and at one point it is 80 for lorries. I stick to 90 and am constantly overtaken by wagons even the big ones. In fact it is rare that any stick to it, same with non locals too.

I agree that lorries cannot usually get much steam up on a hill, but on the flat these vehicules are more than capable of faster speeds than 90 or a 110.

"on the flat these vehicules are more than capable of faster speeds than 90 or a 110."

No they are not, perhaps down hill they can exceed 90 KPH but on the flat , no.

All articulated lorries on Europe's roads are fitted with fuel pump governors that cut in at 60 MPH /90 kph ( they are also regularly checked in the UK and in Europe and penalties for tampering are very high) that is why they go side by side for miles /kilometres on Motorways and an Autoroute because neither has the speeed to pass the other. Did you think they do it to annoy car drivers????