England/France trailer price difference?

Mark

I'm looking to buy a trailer for my Land Rover.  Has anyone noticed whether trailer prices vary significantly between France and England?  If I could make a substantial saving by buying in England before moving permanently to France in October, I would happily pay a surcharge on my already booked BF one way crossing, which is currently for the Landy sans trailer.   

Merci.

Depends how big. I run a second hand 1.8 by 1.3  with both the front and rear gates removed will carry 2.5 by 1.2 plasterboard or half a cube of sand and cement. At the moment Euros 600 would buy a replacement at the local Hypermaket. Unless I needed to move items to France I wildbuy in France.

Depends on what sort of trailer you mean, a goods trailer, boat trailer or car trailer?

In my region goods trailers are significantly cheaper for better quality, heavier duty.

Be aware that any trailer over a certain weight limit, typically car trailers or larger 4 wheeled braked goods ones, must carry their own carte grise. Trying to register a U.K. purchased one could well be as difficult as registering a caravan.

"Be aware that any trailer over a certain weight limit, typically car trailers or larger 4 wheeled braked goods ones, must carry their own carte grise. Trying to register a U.K. purchased one could well be as difficult as registering a caravan."

Any trailer over 500kg laden weight (PTAC) must be registered and have it's own registration document and number plate.

[quote user="Derf"]

"Be aware that any trailer over a certain weight limit, typically car trailers or larger 4 wheeled braked goods ones, must carry their own carte grise. Trying to register a U.K. purchased one could well be as difficult as registering a caravan."

Any trailer over 500kg laden weight (PTAC) must be registered and have it's own registration document and number plate.

[/quote]

Really? I was under the impression it was 750kg, hence that's the max for most common-or-garden (excuse pun [:P]) trailers seen.

Just to clarify, are you talking about the all-up trailer weight when fully laden, or just the actual carrying capacity (normally 500kg as described)?