LDV conformity

pogo

"I thought that the manufacturer of the vehicle was the only source of the certificate? "

Mmmmm obviously PC whizz has not seen the cost of a used van in France. [:-))] Whilst I would not recommend keeping a RHD van for too long in France unless you always have a mate in the cab, it can be very dangerous at some junctions with a RHD cab, if your vehicle was registered after 1999 the EU wide C de C certificate is in the handbook, if older you will need to get a Cde C,  but you can get that from DRIRE which is the French equivelent of the DTp vehicle licensing stations.  Look your nearest one up in the Yellow Pages.

PCwhizz does have a point about spares though,  LDVs are not that common here and you will struggle to find a dealer.

I only bought it on a whim,as it is a twin wheel 3.5t,in excellent order,for €275.The previous owner has disposed of another LDV in a scrap yard near me,so most spares will be available.Drire told me when I registered my previous van that they cannot issue c of c's for vans,and as it is a 1998,looks like I've got to pay up.It will still make a cheap van even so,I'm just a tight s... Thanks all for advice.pogo

[quote user="Ron Avery"]

"I thought that the manufacturer of the vehicle was the only source of the certificate? "

Mmmmm obviously PC whizz has not seen the cost of a used van in France. [:-))]

[/quote]

Sorry I didn't make myself very clear (whats new!!)  I meant swap the van in the UK for something a bit more french.  But, it would appear that the LDV was an amazing deal so whats to loose? 

OP - If you do go ahead and bring the LDV to France, please make it legal and don't fall into the scumbag group - see other threads on this subject.

and yes I do know the price of occasion vehicles in France  [+o(][+o(]  I'm currently looking for a 4wd work horse and its very tempting to import one from the UK and just put up with the RHD issue.  The choice is just so limited in France, and the price, well I'm lost for words!

Yes,it has got the 2.5D transit engine,and I also have a friend who drives his van out here from Essex every few months.He has brought me a gearbox,exhaust system,towbar,(and Tesco shopping[:$]),so it's like having my own mobile spares shop,but it only opens every 3 months!!

Don't worry,I will register it in France.I think it is a lot cheaper and easier in the long run (this will be my 4th vehicle,so I'm getting quite good at it)Pogo

Hi.

As an ex LDV employee involved with the exporting of all models  I can't understand why, apart from the fact that maybe the side load door could be the problem as  the L-H-D commercial vehicles the door is on the near side and your's is on the road side. The other differences are just headlights and if I recall the later speedo's had dual display, another thing could be that all European vans were required to have either a ladder partition behind the driver's seat or a full GRP Partition.

There are quite a few LDV Dealers in the area and have noticed that the Vendee Department have a fleet of LDV trucks.

I hope that this has helped.

Mr Wiggy.