Petrol prices in Spain

dave21478

We paid 1.04 euros for diesel in Alicante just over a fortnight ago.

Incidentally, the Peugeot 308 HDI Sport hire car - very good value at £75 for 9 days with AutoEurope - bombed along very nicely and was amazingly frugal. We were charged for full tank when we collected it, did over 1000kms and returned it still showing nearly quarter full, without having added any. Wish I could get the same return with my own Mazda (petrol).

We had a 307 hdi courtesy car (as our car was again returned for repairs for the 12th time - bloody French technology!), so we made full use of it, clocking up over 5000kms in 3 weeks. Only filled up 3 times in that time too. Quite impressed with diesels. Wonder if Japanese cars have any diesel models as I'll definitely get Japanese next time.

But as for petrol prices in Spain, I have no idea as I've never set foot in that country.

With the price of a barrel of crude oil reaching an all time record today of over 103$, I am sure it will not be very long before the prices at the pumps in all countries rises again. I managed to fill up yesterday with unleaded petrol at 102.9p per litre and this was a good price with what is being currently charged for fuel in the UK.

UK Petrol Prices for
Monday 3rd Mar 2008
 Avg.Min.Max.
Unleaded:105.5p100.9p115.9p
Diesel:111.4p100.0p121.9p
LRP:108.4p102.9p111.9p
Super:112.4p103.9p122.9p
LPG:54.5p47.9p59.9p

The price difference between the UK and France will widen even more if the Chancellor in next week's budget does not stop duty rise already stated. Perhaps the UK should follow the French attitude of civil protest when they disagree with the government.

Baz

[quote user="LyndaandRichard"]We had a 307 hdi courtesy car (as our car was again returned for repairs for the 12th time - bloody French technology!), so we made full use of it, clocking up over 5000kms in 3 weeks. Only filled up 3 times in that time too. Quite impressed with diesels. Wonder if Japanese cars have any diesel models as I'll definitely get Japanese next time.

But as for petrol prices in Spain, I have no idea as I've never set foot in that country.
[/quote]

Hi Richard, so now we know,

you dislike French technology , are going to buy a Japanese car and definately not going to drive it to Spain

Forget Spain, come to Luxembourg!

Diesel   1.04  €/l

Fags (usual brands)   28.50 €/200

Fags (local brands) from 15 €/200

Booze embalming fluid gin/vodka/whisky from 5 € bolttle

Booze (branded) from 8 € bottle upwards

At the other end of the scale, I saw a magnum of Louis Roederer (Sp?) champers for 30,000 € !!!!

Also I've just come back from Livigno in Italy, for reasons I don't know, this is in a Tax Free zone so:

Diesel   0.80 €/l

Fags (usual brands)   18 €/200

Booze local very nice spirits around 5 € per litre!!

Booze (branded) from 8 € litre upwards

Perfume - about half French prices

Apart from diesel, I didn't buy anything much, just as well as I was turned out by Swiss Customs on the way back, then again as I crossed into Germany, must have a suspicious face

[quote user="LEO"]

[quote user="LyndaandRichard"]We had a 307 hdi courtesy car (as our car was again returned for repairs for the 12th time - bloody French technology!), so we made full use of it, clocking up over 5000kms in 3 weeks. Only filled up 3 times in that time too. Quite impressed with diesels. Wonder if Japanese cars have any diesel models as I'll definitely get Japanese next time.

[/quote]

Hi Richard, so now we know,

you dislike French technology , are going to buy a Japanese car and definately not going to drive it to Spain

[/quote]

Heh heh. I want a Toyota next. I'm an avid Top Gear watcher and I've seen a Toyota crashed, spend he night under water in the sea and then blown up and yet despite all this, still work! I've seen the first car reaching the North Pole - another Toyota. And I've watched a Toyota cross the English channel, without the aid of a ferry!

I bought a brand new Peugeot when I arrived in France and it has been back for repairs to the gear box no less than 13 times before they finally discovered what the problem was, and that problem was in fact a well known problem too![:)]

Maybe one day I'll visit Spain. 20 years ago, I said I'd never live in France. I've also learnt never to say never![:D]