Nice house - shame about the pool

While idly looking at Leboncoin at properties in the SW, this one caught my eye

http://www.leboncoin.fr/ventes_immobilieres/661314669.htm?ca=2_s

It looks like a very nice property, and a great location (but Waaaaay out of my price range)

but wouldn't you think that if you were trying to sell it for a million bucks that you would clean the pool up a bit?

or at the very least, photoshop the picture so that it doesn't look like pea soup [+o(]

There is a spec of dust on my monitor and to my myopic eyes the title read:

Nice house shame about the poo!

Well nothing would surprise me in an immobiliers photo, my friend has just bought a farm from the liquidator complete with sitting tenant and when he visited there were crottes de chien on the tiled floors, the tenant said oh his nephew had been round and he hadnt noticed but they were dried out and several weeks old.

[quote user="Chancer"]

There is a spec of dust on my monitor and to my myopic eyes the title read:

Nice house shame about the poo!

Well nothing would surprise me in an immobiliers photo, my friend has just bought a farm from the liquidator complete with sitting tenant and when he visited there were crottes de chien on the tiled floors, the tenant said oh his nephew had been round and he hadnt noticed but they were dried out and several weeks old.

[/quote]

You mean his nephew did them?[:-))]

I do find it odd that when you're trying to sell a property, usually for a considerable sum, that you don't make the effort of making it clean and tidy and even if you do, someone comes and just takes some terrible pictures (probably on a phone)

That's if you get a picture taken at all.  I've seen the same pic purporting to represent different houses in different villages!.  I think I'd be a bit peed off if I were paying for the services

Not many photos of the interior - one would expect loads for that price. One of our local agents had terrible photos on her website: sometimes not even the right way up, some so dark you couldn't see anything. My favourite was the one with the bike parked by the bed - surely she could have suggest they move it?

Perhaps though it is a French thing. When we were looking some of the photos on the Internet showed piles of washing, unmade beds etc etc. Add the photos to the pure fiction of the description and you have a total package.