Accident insurance procedure

Llantony

We had a crunch when our car slid on ice (thankfully no injuries). The recovery people don't take you home, just to their garage. We phoned assistance again and eventually were got home by taxi, train, taxi.

Now stuck with no car and our damaged one at least 2 hours drive away. The insurance agent said it's for us to sort... We can have a replacement car from the garage where our's is waiting for the assessor, but that means getting there - or pay for a hire care ourselves.

Friends say when they had an accident a car was brought to their house, and later their vehicle returned to their home.

Perhaps we need to change our insurance company - but of course can't do that for another year!

A replacement car was an option on both our policies, one with GAN, the other with AXA. We opted for it on the main car but not my MG.

You could investigate the possibility a local garage collecting it for you, they might play along on the basis that they would get the repair job and absorb the cost into it.

It appears the person who first dealt with our case messed up! They should have given us a car... Tho when I phoned 3 days later I was still told we couldn't have a car locally. May not be worth it now as ours will be repaired some time and a kind friend has lent us one for the return triip to get our son to the airport.